Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Yes, I snoop.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 43 Replies
1 mom liked this
Every week I go through my step kids room. On Saturdays they usually go to their moms for the day and I usually snoop through their rooms. I check their computers, book bags, drawers, etc. I count how many condoms are left in the older ones room and I even read their journal.
My bio kids are young (6 & 3) so there really isn't anything to snoop. But I like to know what's going on with my kids. I won't become a grandma before 50! And there will be no kids plotting massacres or anything under my roof.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 8, 2014 at 6:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 8, 2014 at 6:11 AM
That's sad.
csxt99
by Jennifer on Jul. 8, 2014 at 6:11 AM
2 moms liked this

They are not your kids and you are way out of line. This is damned sure not your business and if your husband knows you are doing this to his children and does not stop you, then he is weak and worthless as a father.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jul. 8, 2014 at 6:12 AM
3 moms liked this

I've been doing this for 35 years....not a new concept except mine know I am nosy and look through everything even if they are home or not, lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 8, 2014 at 6:13 AM
I don't think reading their journals is appropriate. It's sad really that you don't trust them enough to talk to you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 8, 2014 at 6:14 AM
Mine don't. Or maybe they do and don't care.

Quoting Sassy762:

I've been doing this for 35 years....not a new concept except mine know I am nosy and look through everything even if they are home or not, lol

Basherte
by Platinum Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 6:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Good luck with that. 

You are invading their privacy for no other reason than being nosy. 

Unless your children have given you any reason to suspect that something bad is going on you have no right to do what you are doing. 

Who cares if there are less condoms? At least they are being responsible about it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 8, 2014 at 6:16 AM
With everything that's going on in the world, no I don't. Look how many kids commit suicide, or shoot up their school, or get bullied and their parents do know because we all know once teens hit a certain age, talking to mommy and daddy isn't cool any more.

Quoting Anonymous: I don't think reading their journals is appropriate. It's sad really that you don't trust them enough to talk to you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 8, 2014 at 6:18 AM
I care because I want make sure she is using them. She has a great future ahead of her and it doesn't include a baby at 16

Quoting Basherte:

Good luck with that. 

You are invading their privacy for no other reason than being nosy. 

Unless your children have given you any reason to suspect that something bad is going on you have no right to do what you are doing. 

Who cares if there are less condoms? At least they are being responsible about it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 8, 2014 at 6:20 AM
Why isn't it my business? They are living under my roof and I'm doing 75% of the parenting. My husband is great father but he works a lot. So if they get pregnant, or commit suicide or something, who is going to be to blame? I will not be one of those parents on the news acting in shock that I didn't know blah blah blah.

Quoting csxt99:

They are not your kids and you are way out of line. This is damned sure not your business and if your husband knows you are doing this to his children and does not stop you, then he is weak and worthless as a father.

Basherte
by Platinum Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 6:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Have you ever thought about having an open line of communication with them instead of snooping? Respect them, and they will respect you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)