Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm at my wits end here ladies. I could use some help!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies
My dd is 3. She turned three 5 months ago. I've been trying to potty train her since she was 2 1/2. She knows what the potty is for but she doesn't care. If I leave her in underwear she just pees right through them then she'll tell me that she peed. If I let her run around naked she pees all over the floor. If you ask her where she's supposed to pee she'll say in the potty. SHE KNOWS WHAT IT'S FOR DARN IT!!! I've made her clean up her own mess, I've put her in time out for peeing on the floor. I've tried begging her, bribing her with candy, tv, the ipad even a new toy but nothing seems to be working. I've got potty books, DVDs and apps but nothing is helping and it's driving me insane here. My first potty trained herself because she wanted to go to preschool. She was almost 3 then. Hell my 18 month old will come and sit on the potty chair when I go to the bathroom but my 3 year old avoids it like the plague.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 8, 2014 at 11:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shadow_lark
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 11:03 AM
She may not be ready yet. Back off for a month or two and try again
trfgirl56701
by Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 11:05 AM

She might not be ready. My DS is 3 and will be 4 the beginning of Sept. I tried potty training at 2.5 until I got frustrated because he was doing the same thing. A couple weekends ago it was like someone flipped the switch and he's basically potty trained himself. He's had a few accidents but he's doing awesome.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 8, 2014 at 11:06 AM
Smack her butt!! She is old enough to know better.
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 11:06 AM
My 3 yo is the exact same way. She has been adament that she "is a little girl and little girls poop in their pull up".

There is hope, though. She has pooped in the potty for the past 3 days. She still insists on wearing a pull up, but she's making slow progress.

Don't try to turn the potty training in to a struggle....THE KID WILL WIN EVERY TIME.
Osstie
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 11:07 AM
Seriously just back off. She's not ready! I made myself absolutely crazy trying to potty train my oldest, and all he ended up needing was privacy and to do it on his own. Show her what to do, and praise her when she does a good job. This is a major power struggle, and this is one of those things that is up to HER. Don't mention it to her again.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 8, 2014 at 11:08 AM

some day and you have your hands full with her. Back away for a while then try again. Maybe she'll do it on her own.

LoveMyBug2013
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 11:08 AM

I agree--it's a power struggle.  Just leave her alone and hopefully she'll come around. 

myshoes
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 11:09 AM
It might be about control. Chose for it to not be an issue for 6 weeks. Just pull out the diapers. Don't comment on it at all. Reevaluate at the end of six weeks. (DO NOT LET HER KNOW YOU HAVE Set A TIME LIMIT)
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jul. 8, 2014 at 11:09 AM

She is NOT ready. Give her some more time IF you keep pushing her, it will take even longer.

corticosteroid
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 11:10 AM

This too shall pass, one day that kid is going to wake up and want to use the potty.  Trust me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)