Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Should SAHM have a say in...EDIT

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2014 at 11:25 AM
  • 496 Replies
1 mom liked this
Having more kids?

Say the couple has one child. How much say does the sahm have over having another. Seeing as she isn't financially contributing.

Just a discussion a couple friends and I were having yesterday. I'm sure someone will find a way to start shit, but I'm interested what you all think.

This came up because a girlfriend of mine is a sahm who wants another child. Her husband says he doesn't. Doesn't want the financial burden despite being able to afford it. So hence, she doesn't contribute, she doesn't get a say.
by on Jul. 8, 2014 at 11:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 8, 2014 at 11:27 AM
160 moms liked this

My job or lack thereof doesn't define me, my husband and I are equals in every sense of the word. We're a family unit, a team, and we work together as such. If I wanted more children I would bring the topic up to him and we'd discuss it.

ZombieMeat37
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 11:27 AM
25 moms liked this

She has just as much say as he does.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 8, 2014 at 11:28 AM
8 moms liked this
Are you serious?
mich2.0
by on Jul. 8, 2014 at 11:28 AM
15 moms liked this
Exactly. My husband and I both decided I would stay home. We made that decision together, just like every other decision.

Quoting Anonymous:

My job or lack thereof doesn't define me, my husband and I are equals in every sense of the word. We're a family unit, a team, and we work together as such. If I wanted more children I would bring the topic up to him and we'd discuss it.

SommelierMom
by Emerald Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 11:29 AM
4 moms liked this
50%.
228mommy922
by Platinum Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 11:29 AM
9 moms liked this
Being a sahm is irrelevant imo. I think no matter what the situation the parents should have equal say.
AuntieM
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 11:29 AM
22 moms liked this
SAHM or not, she ALWAYS has a say in whether they have more kids. She is, after all, the one who carries the baby for 40 weeks and then cares for the children at home. Why wouldn't she have a say?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 8, 2014 at 11:30 AM
3 moms liked this

No one should ever have more say than the other in these matters. Either they both want another child or they wait until both do. I can't believe this is a debate for some people...

craazycuckoo
by on Jul. 8, 2014 at 11:30 AM
3 moms liked this

Whether I work or not is not the definition of me.

A child is a huge decision and it's a decision BOTH people should make.

kmeow
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 11:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Yep. I think having kids is an equal decision between a husband and wife, who I view as equal partners.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)