Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Should SAHM have a say in...EDIT

Posted by   + Show Post
Having more kids?

Say the couple has one child. How much say does the sahm have over having another. Seeing as she isn't financially contributing.

Just a discussion a couple friends and I were having yesterday. I'm sure someone will find a way to start shit, but I'm interested what you all think.

This came up because a girlfriend of mine is a sahm who wants another child. Her husband says he doesn't. Doesn't want the financial burden despite being able to afford it. So hence, she doesn't contribute, she doesn't get a say.
by on Jul. 8, 2014 at 11:25 AM
Replies (491-496):
Mrs_Snail
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 11:02 AM
I don't know you. If you have noticed I strictly pointed the sahms that I know

Quoting Cat1014: How do you feel SAHM's lose touch w/reality? I raised four children and have been both SAHM and working outside home home mom...I always knew what was what. Each situation is unique and both have their own unique challenges.

Quoting Mrs_Snail: I'm not quite sure. The sahms I know have lost the link with reality.
eztwins
by Gold Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 11:04 AM
To me how many children a couple has is not a power play! It's a decision that should be made as a couple with serious consideration, and yes the financial landscape is something that should factor greatly in that discussion but not as a power chip.
Cat1014
by on Jul. 12, 2014 at 12:06 PM
You're absolutely correct...my apologies...

Quoting Mrs_Snail: I don't know you. If you have noticed I strictly pointed the sahms that I know

Quoting Cat1014: How do you feel SAHM's lose touch w/reality? I raised four children and have been both SAHM and working outside home home mom...I always knew what was what. Each situation is unique and both have their own unique challenges.

Quoting Mrs_Snail: I'm not quite sure. The sahms I know have lost the link with reality.
Mrs_Snail
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 4:33 PM
:)

Quoting Cat1014: You're absolutely correct...my apologies...

Quoting Mrs_Snail: I don't know you. If you have noticed I strictly pointed the sahms that I know

trayseehalf
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:12 PM

I'm a SAHM and we are equal in our decisions

Diane1223
by Silver Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 1:26 AM
1 mom liked this

She has a lot of say, in my opinion, she will be the one who is pregnant and taking care of baby, as well. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)