Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Well that wasn't a good idea....

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2014 at 2:58 PM
  • 23 Replies

Friday night I ended up in the ER with a gallbladder attack. 5 hours, nausea & pain meds later I was released with "bland diet" instructions.

Then today I stopped by Subway for a quick lunch and chose the jalapeno bread (something I usually order). It was so good, I didn't even think about it because I was in a hurry. I really hope I don't regret this later.....

(added 4:00pm -- so far I'm feeling completely fine)

by on Jul. 8, 2014 at 2:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 8, 2014 at 3:59 PM
I was discharging a patient from the ER one time. It was his third visit in a week for severe diarrhea. I was yet again going over the diet plan of 24 hours of clear liquids then slow progression to a bland diet. He tells me he understands then asks his wife to take him to subway. I told him that if he was going to blatantly ignore put instructions then he should stop coming in by ambulance for the same problem.

Sorry, not trying to scold you. Just made me think of that lol. Hope your belly is ok!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 8, 2014 at 4:01 PM
Do you not understand English or are you playing dumb?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 8, 2014 at 4:04 PM
Well.. Sorry for your toilet later on lol
Mrs.Torres2566
by Mrs.T on Jul. 8, 2014 at 4:04 PM

I have to have my gallbladder out on Thursday, good luck with your diet.

smorgan865
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 4:05 PM

I understand it just fine, I just needed a quick lunch and ordered what I usually would without even thinking about it because I was in a hurry. Every other day since then I've been following the instructions completely.

Quoting Anonymous: Do you not understand English or are you playing dumb?

smorgan865
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 4:06 PM

I've been doing fine since then, I just ordered what I normally would have without even thinking about it because I was in a hurry.

So far I'm actually feeling fine.

Quoting Anonymous: I was discharging a patient from the ER one time. It was his third visit in a week for severe diarrhea. I was yet again going over the diet plan of 24 hours of clear liquids then slow progression to a bland diet. He tells me he understands then asks his wife to take him to subway. I told him that if he was going to blatantly ignore put instructions then he should stop coming in by ambulance for the same problem. Sorry, not trying to scold you. Just made me think of that lol. Hope your belly is ok!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 8, 2014 at 4:07 PM
Don't eat it and ditch it for something bland. Unless you already ate it then yeah.
smorgan865
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 4:09 PM

I did, it's been long gone. But it's been almos 2 hours and I feel perfectly fine.

Quoting Anonymous: Don't eat it and ditch it for something bland. Unless you already ate it then yeah.

suzanneyea
by on Jul. 8, 2014 at 4:11 PM

When I went in for my gallbladder, they kept me. Removed some stones blocking a duct. Then took out my gallbladder.  I was in he hospital for a week.

smorgan865
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 4:16 PM

Ouch! Sorry :( No stones here, just a fluke attack and it was slightly tender to touch. I've never had issues in the past.

Quoting suzanneyea:

When I went in for my gallbladder, they kept me. Removed some stones blocking a duct. Then took out my gallbladder.  I was in he hospital for a week.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)