Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So inappropriate. Would it make me mean to call in a complaint?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 38 Replies
UPS came to bring me a package. We were already outside with my kids whe the truck arrived. When making small talk while I mentioned it must be hot in his truck since its 87°F today. His reply shocked me since we were in front of my small children. He said that yes its so hot that hes considering wearing briefs again because his "sack" keeps clinging to his thighs.
I think he needs to be spoken to about that but dh says he probably spoke before he thought it through and to let it go
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 8, 2014 at 3:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
casah4
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 3:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I would have laughed it off.  

emitremmus
by Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 3:12 PM

That's pretty unprofessional but if my kids weren't around I would have thought it was funny. It's your call though...did the kids hear?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 8, 2014 at 3:13 PM
Yes they did. They were standing with me when he said it. One DD said gross and the other asked what do you mean. Ugh

Quoting emitremmus:

That's pretty unprofessional but if my kids weren't around I would have thought it was funny. It's your call though...did the kids hear?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 8, 2014 at 3:13 PM
You could call but nothing is going to happen. Unfortunately they don't take customer complaints seriously (generally speaking). I was a supervisor at the ups call center for years.
hismommy2010
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 3:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Let it go
cheekacheeka
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 3:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Inappropriate? Yes.  Will your children be scarred forever?  I doubt it.  Let it go.

fallenangel_353
by Nikki on Jul. 8, 2014 at 3:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol. I wouldn't call, but I may have told him at that time, that's not really an appropriate thing to say in front of children... or even while on the job for that matter.

AjsMom0508
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 3:15 PM
2 moms liked this
I would have laughed and told him to try some powder too. My sense of humor is a little twisted though. Ds (6) would have found his comment hysterical.
PPCLC
by Platinum Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 3:17 PM
1 mom liked this

It was inappropriate but you and your kid's have survived it.

There will be times............lots and lots of times.........when someone will have their foot in their mouth while speaking in front of you and your children. Do you plan to complain each time?

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jul. 8, 2014 at 3:17 PM

That is hilarious.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)