Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Help!! tooth pain!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies

So I had to have 2 teeth pulled today (both back on the right side)......Anyway 4 hrs later my mouth hurts worse than it did before I went (I had a toothache for a week, swollen face).

Also the tooth right beside the removed ones is hurtingso badly I can't let my upper teeth touch it.  I called my dentist about pain meds and haven't heard back yet but in his office he said he recommends Advil.  Advil isn't doing shit.

Is this normal? Any suggestions?  Did the Dentist fuck up?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 8, 2014 at 4:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
corticosteroid
by Platinum Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 4:39 PM

You do need to see your dentist as soon as possible to rule out infection or another problem.  In the mean time, you can try alternating naproxen sodium, 750mg, with Ibuprofen, 800mg, alternating every six to eight hours, but you can only do that for a few days.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 8, 2014 at 4:40 PM

Help

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 8, 2014 at 4:41 PM

I was just there at noon.  I've been on antibiotics for a week also.  I'm waiting on them to call me back right now.

Quoting corticosteroid:

You do need to see your dentist as soon as possible to rule out infection or another problem.  In the mean time, you can try alternating naproxen sodium, 750mg, with Ibuprofen, 800mg, alternating every six to eight hours, but you can only do that for a few days.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 8, 2014 at 5:12 PM

Noone has any othe radvice/suggestions/well wishes??????

I'm in agony over here

sweetpeasgirl12
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 5:14 PM
Could be a dry socket? I have heard they hurt worse than anything else idk never had one.
tisha826
by Tisha on Jul. 8, 2014 at 5:15 PM
This will only give you temporary relief, but I swear it works. Take an ice cube, and hold it on the webbed part of your hand between your thumb and index finger, once it goes numb, your pain will stop.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 8, 2014 at 5:21 PM

The teeth were just pulled at noon, I wonder how long it takes dry socket to hit?

I don't usually have teeth issues (thank goodness) so this has been hell.......I'm hoping the dentist will call something in for me befoer he closes.

Quoting sweetpeasgirl12: Could be a dry socket? I have heard they hurt worse than anything else idk never had one.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 8, 2014 at 5:22 PM

Seriously?!

Quoting tisha826: This will only give you temporary relief, but I swear it works. Take an ice cube, and hold it on the webbed part of your hand between your thumb and index finger, once it goes numb, your pain will stop.

sweetpeasgirl12
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 5:23 PM
A dry socket is where the blood clot comes out of the hole were the tooth once was....

Quoting Anonymous:

The teeth were just pulled at noon, I wonder how long it takes dry socket to hit?

I don't usually have teeth issues (thank goodness) so this has been hell.......I'm hoping the dentist will call something in for me befoer he closes.

Quoting sweetpeasgirl12: Could be a dry socket? I have heard they hurt worse than anything else idk never had one.

tisha826
by Tisha on Jul. 8, 2014 at 5:24 PM
Yes, what's it's numb it somehow blocks pain receptors in your brain, I use to do it all the time when I had tooth pain. Go try it!

Quoting Anonymous:

Seriously?!

Quoting tisha826: This will only give you temporary relief, but I swear it works. Take an ice cube, and hold it on the webbed part of your hand between your thumb and index finger, once it goes numb, your pain will stop.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)