Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

making some yummies for DH and his co workers

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies

Applesauce bread

Ingredients Edit and Save

Original recipe makes 1 - 1 1/2 pound loafChange Servings
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 8, 2014 at 6:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MixedCooke
by Platinum Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 2:43 AM

what would you substitute for milk powder?  I could use all purpose instead of bread flour right?  Is yeast still necessary if i add baking soda and baking powder instead?  I generally make espresso dark chocolate brownies and they are gone before lunch time!  LOL

ncbirdie
by Gold Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 3:03 AM

I don't have any experience changing a recipe from a yeast bread to a quick bread.  If this isn't a bread machine recipe, you could probably just use milk for the powder.  AP flour will work, but bread flour is preferred because it has a higher gluten content which makes the bread softer when it's all done.  When I make breads, I actually buy a box of vital wheat gluten to add to the recipe and I don't get the super hard crust like I get with less gluten in it.

I just checked out food.com and searched applesauce bread recipes.  None of the ones I saw have an ingredients list quite like this.  All the ones I looked at were quick bread recipes.

Quoting MixedCooke:

what would you substitute for milk powder?  I could use all purpose instead of bread flour right?  Is yeast still necessary if i add baking soda and baking powder instead?  I generally make espresso dark chocolate brownies and they are gone before lunch time!  LOL

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 9, 2014 at 3:08 AM

I just threw up in my mouth reading the title .....the word "yummies" makes me cringe.

Sorry had a bad day and taking it out on you. 

BTW I can't bake worth a $hit.  :/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)