Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm starting to get frustrated with DH and I don't know what to do!

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2014 at 10:25 PM
  • 77 Replies

I will start by saying that the last month or so, things HAVE  been more stressful and busy than usual. On June 10th I was put in the hospital with preeclampsia and then 5 days later I had the twins via c-section. This hospital is 2 hours away from where we live and DH had to rely on my mom to help him with the kids while he worked during the time I was in the hospital. I was gone for 9 days total so that alone was a stressful change for him and our 5 other kids at home.

When I came home I was recovering from the c-section and still needed a lot of help so things were tough for the first week or so that I was home. Now during this past week things have finally started to get back to normal. I'm feeling back to my old self and I'm starting to get back into my old routine, thank goodness! The twins had both been in the NICU since 6/16 and we just brought one of them home this past Saturday. We're hoping to have his brother home by the end of this week. So over the last 3 weeks we've been making a lot of trips to Columbus to see them and that is starting to take it's toll as well. Two hours there, 2-3 hours of visiting and then two hours back. It makes for a long day. And trying to find a sitter for the rest of the kids while we go... Ugh. It's tough.

So anyway... my point to all that is... we've ALL been going through a lot of stress and changes lately so I'm trying not to be TOO hard on him... but I'm getting aggravated.

Since I've been home we have barely had any time for US. It seems like by the time we get the kids to bed and we finally have time to ourselves, HE is passed out on the couch before we can even spend any time together! I would understand if it was her and there but this is EVERY night. Tonight we got the kids to bed by 9pm which is an hour earlier than usual BECAUSE we both talked earlier today and decided that was what we needed to do so we would have some time for US tonight. So we put the kids to bed and while I was feeding the baby, he laid down on the couch to watch TV and the next thing I know, I look over and he is snoring. WTF?!!! I realize you can't help it if you're tired... it's hard to stop yourself from falling asleep when you're really tired... BUT JEEZ!

I'm getting frustrated because I miss him! We don't spend any time together anymore. He goes to work before I wake up, he comes home and we all have dinner, play and watch TV with the kids, etc and then we get them to be and HE PASSES OUT. When are we supposed to have OUR time together?!

I need advice because this is really starting to upset me. I'm not asking for a lot... just for him to stay conscious long enough for us to have a little one-on-one time! When I looked over and saw him sleeping tonight.... AGAIN... I seriously could have cried. I feel like we are losing that special connection because we never get time to be close anymore :(

photo f7e7aa54-e12d-40ff-9898-5145e14ce215_zps460bdfca.gif

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

by on Jul. 8, 2014 at 10:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 8, 2014 at 10:29 PM
10 moms liked this
You have 7 kids now. Of course things are going to be crazy for awhile.
Mom2five87
by Platinum Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 10:38 PM
I know that but I'm the one who is taking care of the kids, for the most part. And somehow I'm still up long after he falls asleep.

Quoting Anonymous: You have 7 kids now. Of course things are going to be crazy for awhile.
Mom2five87
by Platinum Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 10:41 PM
We are both wore out... Of course. But I'M still trying to make our relationship a priority and I guess I feel like he isn't.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 8, 2014 at 10:45 PM

Stop having kids?

Mom2five87
by Platinum Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 10:51 PM
1 mom liked this
This post is not about my family size. I know it's hard for some of you lovely anons but please try to stay on topic. This is not a "bash big families" post.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 8, 2014 at 10:53 PM
3 moms liked this

That's what happens when you pretend your vag is a pez dispenser.  People with seven kids don't get "us" time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 8, 2014 at 10:57 PM
I made a post with a similar complaint about my df this weekend. I only have two kids and they aren't babies, and he keeps falling asleep on me! I was called all sorts of names on here because of it. I wish I had advice for you. Good luck and congrats on the new babies!
Mom2five87
by Platinum Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 10:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh FFS. Having 7 kids is not the issue. Before these babies were born we had 5 and we still had time for us. It's not the kids. It's that we have gotten way out of our normal routine with everything that has been going on and we are obviously having a hard time getting everything back on track.

I made this post to vent and get advice...not to be treated like crap for having more than the average number of kids.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's what happens when you pretend your vag is a pez dispenser.  People with seven kids don't get "us" time.

Mom2five87
by Platinum Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 10:58 PM
Yeah I can see this post may have been a bad idea!

Thank you.

Quoting Anonymous: I made a post with a similar complaint about my df this weekend. I only have two kids and they aren't babies, and he keeps falling asleep on me! I was called all sorts of names on here because of it. I wish I had advice for you. Good luck and congrats on the new babies!
katydid150
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 10:59 PM
2 moms liked this

The man is tired. Give him a little time to adjust. Tomorrow night, just keep him off the couch until you get a chance to spend time together. To be honest, though, you need to cut him some slack. He sounds exhausted and stressed. You both have been through a lot. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN