Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I've heard the daycare horror stories.. what about babysitter horror stories?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 49 Replies
1 mom liked this

I have one.  I left my 4 y/o with his aunt.  He was adjusting to a new sibling, I had had complications, and he was acting out etc. and she was always nitpicking him.  Well, they didn't get along while I was gone and he said mean things to her and she put him in time out.  Well, he would not stay in time out.  

This was when she should have called me.  My instructions were really simple.  He's been being difficult and if there is any type of issue: call me on my cell so I can speak to him.

Instead she "used her judgment" (??) and tied him to a chair in the kitchen for about 10 minutes.  

My kiddo was shaking, hot, and proclaimed he did not like his aunt.  She had been helping me out postpartum but I gave her - her gift I'd gotten her for helping me early and told her I no longer needed her help. 

I will not let anyone on that side of the family babysit my children. 

I felt like I should have seen it coming because my other aunt had been very mean to me as a child and they butted heads a little while I was there..  but sometimes I bet there is no sign. 

So, do you have any babysitter horror stories?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 8, 2014 at 10:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 8, 2014 at 10:54 PM

Bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 8, 2014 at 11:01 PM

Bumpity! 

Emycf
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 11:15 PM
This is not my story, but happened to a good friend of mine.

When their oldest baby was 6 months old dad came home from work early to find a strange man sitting on his couch. He asked said man where the baby sitter was and was told she was in the bedroom with so-and-so (another man). As this is happening the chick comes out with man number 2 and starts to tell man number 1 it's his turn before she realized the dad was home.

Whore was literally whoring while she was supposed to be watching the baby.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 8, 2014 at 11:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Emycf: This is not my story, but happened to a good friend of mine. When their oldest baby was 6 months old dad came home from work early to find a strange man sitting on his couch. He asked said man where the baby sitter was and was told she was in the bedroom with so-and-so (another man). As this is happening the chick comes out with man number 2 and starts to tell man number 1 it's his turn before she realized the dad was home. Whore was literally whoring while she was supposed to be watching the baby.

Omgosh I would throw out my sheets and my mattress.  lol

Emycf
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 11:23 PM
I don't think they threw out the mattress, but they certain got a new sitter. That's actually how I came to be friends with them. The sitter was lucky it was the dad that caught her, cause if it had been mom somebody would have been bleeding.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Emycf: This is not my story, but happened to a good friend of mine.

When their oldest baby was 6 months old dad came home from work early to find a strange man sitting on his couch. He asked said man where the baby sitter was and was told she was in the bedroom with so-and-so (another man). As this is happening the chick comes out with man number 2 and starts to tell man number 1 it's his turn before she realized the dad was home.

Omgosh I would throw out my sheets and my mattress.  lol

katemckenzie
by Kate on Jul. 8, 2014 at 11:34 PM
OH MY GOD, GROSS.

Quoting Emycf: This is not my story, but happened to a good friend of mine.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 8, 2014 at 11:37 PM
We left our sitter to watch our house and dog while we went away at Christmas one year. Just for a weekend, we left at noon on Saturday and by 5am Sunday the cops called us because the idiot sitter stole our car and crashed it at the hospital driving her friend who'd been at our house with other guys there too!
It got ugly and we had to get the car out of impound, and pay our own damages to our house and car since she was underage so it was a first offense slap on the wrist!! She was drunk and high and didn't have a license and the cops could do nothing to help us!
Our kids beds had been violated an we found clothes in our bed too.
Yeah it ended up bad.
Nobody got arrested but I came close to getting into a fight with her mom over damages and theft. She got off Scott free and we learned a valuable lesson
MamaSteph05
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 11:57 PM
This happened to me and it's why I use a nanny cam and pay for full background checks before hiring a sitter....trigger below

At age 5 I was sexually molested by my babysitter's 15 year old son. This continued until we moved at age 7 because I was afraid to say anything. 30 years later this still haunts me and I trust no one with my kids.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 8, 2014 at 11:59 PM

The babysitter (family member) forgot he was babysitting and left.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 9, 2014 at 12:03 AM

I am so sorry you went through that! 

I thought female family was safe.  Apparently not.  A nanny came is a great idea. 

Quoting MamaSteph05: This happened to me and it's why I use a nanny cam and pay for full background checks before hiring a sitter....trigger below At age 5 I was sexually molested by my babysitter's 15 year old son. This continued until we moved at age 7 because I was afraid to say anything. 30 years later this still haunts me and I trust no one with my kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN