Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I think my son needs mental help.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 105 Replies

I don't know what to do with my ds I think he has mental issues. I don't want this to be a long story so let me just list a few of the things he has done (he's six). He goes into his four year old sisters closet and pees on the carpet. He sneekes pull-ups into his room puts them on and pees in them, he steals his big sisters dirty underwear and hides piles of them in his room. He takes his sisters hair or any long hair he can find and puts it between his teeth and sucks on it. Also today we thought my oldest was upstairs playing with him turns out she was actually in her room. For the 15 mins he was alone with my 4 year old dd he managed to get shit all over the toilet, walls my dd's bed , the floor, he had peed in her bed and was laying in her closet with just a pull up on and had shit in it and later on we found 2 more that were stashed in the corner full of shit. My youngest dd said he was playing baby and he made her get naked and he made her get him naked too. He is uncontrollable he acts like he just doesn't get it he gets time outs sometimes for a long time than goes back and does the same crap again. I'm so frustrated with him i thought he was normal but I'm starting to wonder about his mental state. Ma and dh just don't know what else to do with him I know this is bad to say but I don't really like him anymore. This isn't all of it either there are many other things in here I didn't add. Pls pls anyone with any ideas please let me know I'm so close to just asking the doc for him to get mental help. We can't live like this anymore.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 9, 2014 at 12:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CarlaMarie1978
by on Jul. 9, 2014 at 12:07 AM
6 moms liked this
If this is true why in the hell wouldn't you have gotten him help the first time it happened?!
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Jul. 9, 2014 at 12:07 AM
4 moms liked this

Wtf? Yes he needs help! Get him some. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 9, 2014 at 12:09 AM
6 moms liked this

Yes, ask your pediatrician for a referral to a child psychologist asap. This isn't normal behavior for a 6 year old. Hang in there. You're doing the right thing by getting him help.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 9, 2014 at 12:09 AM
I feel so bad for you. He sounds like a handful and I hope your dh helps out. I would bring it up with the Dr and see what help they can offer. How does he act in school? Have they brought up any odd behavior?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 9, 2014 at 12:09 AM

We just figured he was a boy trying to get his sister to laugh. This has really just become a problem.

CarlaMarie1978
by on Jul. 9, 2014 at 12:10 AM
He may have a sensory processing disorder... Autism..... OCD.....

Oppositional defiant disorder... Several combined..... You need to get him help.
Missdameanor
by Not-a-felony on Jul. 9, 2014 at 12:10 AM
He needs professional help. Something isn't clicking for whatever reason.
CarlaMarie1978
by on Jul. 9, 2014 at 12:11 AM
What?! This has to be a troll.

Quoting Anonymous:

We just figured he was a boy trying to get his sister to laugh. This has really just become a problem.

Glitter_Shart
by Silver Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 12:11 AM
Why haven't you tried to get him help?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 9, 2014 at 12:11 AM

Quoting Anonymous: I feel so bad for you. He sounds like a handful and I hope your dh helps out. I would bring it up with the Dr and see what help they can offer. How does he act in school? Have they brought up any odd behavior?

His teachers and his friends mom who have watched says he is such a great child and such an enjoyable kid to be around.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN