Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Spin-Off Post...what's YOUR job?

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2014 at 2:15 AM
  • 99 Replies

Going off from the post about our SO's jobs...the got me curious, what do you do? Decent job, do you like it? I'm mostly using this thread so I can be super nosy about other careers that piqued my interest. Feel free to ask about mine, lol. 

I'm an actuary. It's really really boring, but, the pay is good and I get a lot of freetime at work, so I'm okay with it :)

by on Jul. 9, 2014 at 2:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tooth_Inspector
by Platinum Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 2:17 AM
I'm a dental assistant

Absolutely love it! If I manage to not stab one of my coworkers, I plan on doing it forever lol
Mom-to-2kids
by Ruby Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 2:17 AM
I hold my BSN. Before I became a SAHM I was a scrub nurse...someday I'll get back into the field...
LeanMean17
by Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 2:18 AM

Quoting Tooth_Inspector: I'm a dental assistant Absolutely love it! If I manage to not stab one of my coworkers, I plan on doing it forever lol

What inspired you to go into dentistry?

My 14 year old daughter has always wanted to ask her dentist this, so I figured a dental assistant was the next best thing, lol. 

LeanMean17
by Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 2:19 AM

Quoting Mom-to-2kids: I hold my BSN. Before I became a SAHM I was a scrub nurse...someday I'll get back into the field...

My DH is an anesthesiologist! Yeah for hospital jobs! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 9, 2014 at 2:19 AM
I am a receptionist for hell. I mean the pit. ...oh shit I mean Critter Control!

I hate my job.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 9, 2014 at 2:20 AM
I'm an actress.
LeanMean17
by Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 2:20 AM

Quoting Anonymous: I am a receptionist for hell. I mean the pit. ...oh shit I mean Critter Control! I hate my job.

Sorry to hear that. My old college roommate was a receptionist for a taxidermy office...she hated it. 

booaura
by Gold Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 2:22 AM
I'm an RN, and I love it. I can't wait to go back to work. I'm miserable just staying home :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AutumnRunner
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 2:22 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm a travel agent. I love my job. I get to work from home and make good money.
ballerina18
by Platinum Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 2:22 AM

In the Fall I'll be starting a masters program for speech & language pathology =) I'm excited. I hope to specialize in feeding and swallowing disorders.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)