Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Pretty hurt and pissed off updated

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2014 at 5:26 AM
  • 511 Replies
Well, I didnt want to believe it. Several people in here have been trying to tell me my ss doesnt like me for quite some time because of his tendency to act out. I didnt want to believe it at all. When he is NOT acting out he is always so sweet and loving towards me and we have been spending quite a bit of time together. I really thought we were getting somewhere.

I guess I was wrong. Yesterday, he and my 12 yr old son were riding bikes around the neighborhood and ran into my fiances ex gf in her dads driveway. My ss stopped to talk to her and introduced her to my son as his "stepmom". When my son got confused and asked him if SHE was his stepmom then who am I, he rolled his eyes and said "your mom is just the annoying lady who lives in my house for now. My stepmom will come back and you guys will all go away. You'll see".

My son got mad and came home to talk to me. Then that bitch (ex gf) had the nerve to text my fiance that she had run into the boys and that ss had "introduced her as his stepmom. It was sooo cute". This was yesterday evening and I am still pissed off about it. Not at my fiance. He showed me the text and didnt respond to her at all. But more at my ss and at the situation. Ugh. Every time I think things are looking up, something discouraging happens.

Update: We have established a new set of "house rules" that go for everyone. No disrespect. No talking back. No yelling. No one is required to refer to me as stepmom or my fiance as stepdad but they are allowed to if that is their wish. Otherwise, calling us by name is fine.We established bedtimes across the board ( quiet time begins at 9. All kids not on their teens lights out by 11 since its summer. My 14 yr.old doesnt have a bed time as long as she is quiet and doesnt sleep all day). We also made it the time limits on electronics clear and established a chore list.

My fiance and I discussed the ex gf thing and he agreed to put a stop to his son calling her that. He also Agreed that it would be best to start phasing her out of his sons life bit by bit. No more playdates at her house with the kids. If he really wants to see the boys they can come here without her.

Stepson to be has been a major brat about the rules and the chores so far. Hes basically been refusing to do ANYTHING because he "hates work" and hes been pretty openly rude to me and to my kids. Like to the point that my fiance told me I should smack his face for talking to me that way...but Id never go that far. I dont even spank my own kids.

Meh. We will see what happens. Im not giving up. Im even taking all the kids to the lake tomorrow which is my fiances sons favorite thing to do that doesnt involve something electronic. My fiance will be sleeping because he went back on nights last night. Im hoping maybe his son will loosen up and talk to me about things more at the lake.
by on Jul. 9, 2014 at 5:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
katydid150
by Silver Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 5:31 AM
2 moms liked this

Y'all should try family therapy. It may help. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 9, 2014 at 5:31 AM
1 mom liked this
... when did you get your kids back
Joie35
by Platinum Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 5:34 AM
I mentioned therapy to my fiance. He is open to the idea but we cant really afford it as of now.

Quoting katydid150:

Joie35
by Platinum Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 5:34 AM
We picked them up over the July 4 weekend. We have only been back a couple days.

Quoting Anonymous: ... when did you get your kids back
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 9, 2014 at 5:36 AM
6 moms liked this
Well you aren't married to his dad so you aren't his stepmom. You and your soon need to stop referring to you as such.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 9, 2014 at 5:36 AM
You can get free or discounted counseling

Quoting Joie35: I mentioned therapy to my fiance. He is open to the idea but we cant really afford it as of now.

Quoting katydid150:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 9, 2014 at 5:38 AM
30 moms liked this
Kids get attached to the people their parents date. You just jumped right into a serious relationship with this guy who was obviously in another serious relationship with a woman who also wasnt his Kids mom. Don't you think that affects him? How do your kids feel about moving halfway across the country for yet another of mommys boyfriends? Do people Not realize this shit is bad for kids? What about their feelings? It's not all about you lady.

Quoting Joie35: We picked them up over the July 4 weekend. We have only been back a couple days.

Quoting Anonymous: ... when did you get your kids back
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 9, 2014 at 5:39 AM
5 moms liked this
Is there any slight chance you are simply the annoying lady who lives at his house? Kids speak the simple truth.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 9, 2014 at 5:40 AM
2 moms liked this
You've been with his dad what? Two three months? You're not his stepmom. Get over yourself already.
Joie35
by Platinum Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 5:41 AM
1 mom liked this
We are getting married in April. His sister is the one who first started referring to me as their stepmom. We went with it since its a pain in the butt to call me her "soon to be step mom" all the time.

Quoting Anonymous: Well you aren't married to his dad so you aren't his stepmom. You and your soon need to stop referring to you as such.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN