Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Baby shower invite says diapers are a requirement

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 245 Replies

I just got an invite to a baby shower and it asks people to help out the new parents by bringing diapers.  If you want to be eligible to win a prize at the games you must have brought diapers.

Is this a new trend??

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 9, 2014 at 7:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KykysMomma1128
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 7:46 AM
10 moms liked this
Lol. Never heard of it. I'd just wear an adult brief. Lol tell them to be more specific next time.
bby4lydia
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 7:46 AM
3 moms liked this
Ive been to one where it said if you did bring diapers your name was entered into a special drawing
LyTe684
by Ruby Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 7:47 AM
1 mom liked this
I've seen it on here a few times. Never IRL though.
csxt99
by Jennifer on Jul. 9, 2014 at 7:47 AM
1 mom liked this

It sounds like it may be a new trend. I have heard of similar things, but have never received an invitation like that. If I did, I simply would not attend. Demanding a gift is rude.

giroirk
by Silver Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 7:47 AM
Yes, I've been to one like that. Then when I walked in they asked where are the diapers.
STVUstudent
by Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 7:48 AM
5 moms liked this

a tacky trend- party "admission fee".  we got a lot of diapers at our shower, but from those people, the diapers were their gift to us (and were greatly appreciated).

smorgan865
by Platinum Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 7:49 AM
1 mom liked this
Nothing is required. If you don't want to bring one, don't. If they turn you away, it's their loss.

I've heard of diaper raffles where you get a ticket for each pack of diapers or wipes you bring and then there is a prize drawn from those tickets. But not this.

Game prizes are usually small anyway. Don't feel pressured.
nellyoleson
by Silver Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 7:49 AM
3 moms liked this
Omg. Tacky.
ShellLea
by Silver Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 7:49 AM
Yeah, a lot of people are doing that. I used to always get diapers for showers, in a bigger size. When they do the diapers for a drawing I don't get diapers.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 9, 2014 at 7:50 AM
3 moms liked this
No. At my shower 10 yrs ago everyone was asked to bring a book for the baby. We didn't play games so it had nothing to do with that. I have been to many showers that do the diaper thing. If you don't want to bring a pack of diapers than don't.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)