Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What Are A SAHM's Duties?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 207 Replies
What do you consider to be a SAHM'S duties to perform, either in or outside the home? Where is the line drawn?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 9, 2014 at 8:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
April620
by Ruby Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 8:08 AM
Take care of the babies, keep the house clean. I think most everything else (cooking, taking care of the cars, getting the mail and taking out the trash) should be divided according to how the couple sees fit
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 9, 2014 at 8:10 AM
You don't think cooking all meals should be a SAHM'S daily task?

Quoting April620: Take care of the babies, keep the house clean. I think most everything else (cooking, taking care of the cars, getting the mail and taking out the trash) should be divided according to how the couple sees fit
mlg1989
by ZombieMegg on Jul. 9, 2014 at 8:10 AM
1 mom liked this
Well my duties are to cook the meals, clean the house and teach ds things he needs to know for school.
mcginnisc
by Platinum Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 8:10 AM
1 mom liked this

Her "duties" include whatever the SAHM and her partner decide upon. 

I am a SAHM and my duties depend on my day. There are days I'm super busy and not much gets done in the house...Dh is fine with that as he knows what my schedule looks like. He also knows it will get done as soon as I can get it done. I clean the house, make the meals,  run the errands, homeschool the girls, take the kids to ECA, volunteer at the Church and these days I have a million doctor's appts for me due to a very serious injury I suffered 3 months ago. Dh works from home, so all 4 of us are here 99% of the time. He pitches in if I am busy with something else or out somewhere.

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Gamer.Mom
by Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 8:11 AM
Since my fiancé has full muscle death in his hip I do everything. The cleaning, cooking, trash, laundry, taking care of our son meaning feeding bathing and changing him. I don't mind doing it at all. My fiancé can't walk without crutches and so I do pretty much everything.
fallenangel_353
by Nikki on Jul. 9, 2014 at 8:11 AM
7 moms liked this
I think a SAHM's duties change household to household. I don't believe there is a right or wrong answer. Just whatever makes your household happy.
sandra_t00
by ChaChi on Jul. 9, 2014 at 8:12 AM
Keep house clean, take care of babies, make all meals .

That's how it was at my house. My SO worked, I made him breakfast, he would take leftovers for lunch, and dinner would be hot and ready when he came home.

He would get the mail when he got home, he did yard work, etc
sheellyyo
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 8:12 AM

I Take care of everything.  Inside and out.  But that's how I Roll.  

Gamer.Mom
by Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 8:13 AM
It's not all up to a SAHM. Couples can comprise and split daily tasks with each other so one person doesn't get too stressed out

Quoting Anonymous: You don't think cooking all meals should be a SAHM'S daily task?

Quoting April620: Take care of the babies, keep the house clean. I think most everything else (cooking, taking care of the cars, getting the mail and taking out the trash) should be divided according to how the couple sees fit
mary716
by Platinum Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 8:13 AM
For me....and this is just how we do things:

Taking care of the kids
Cooking
Cleaning
Laundry
Errands
Shopping
Paying bills
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)