Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Morning sickness and someone who HATES vomiting, does not mix

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 35 Replies
This is my first pregnancy, and I must say, making a baby is freaking rough!! and I'm only going to be nine weeks on Thursday! I haven't had morning sickness at all up until yesterday. (thought I was going to be one of the lucky ones) Now I don't know about everyone else, but I am not one to puke. It seriously takes A LOT for me to puke.. like a serious stomach bug. I'm the kind of person who will feel like I'm going to puke all day long but will hold it down and HOPE that shit goes away. Well.. now every morning when I get up (starting yesterday) I have to bolt towards the bathroom where I spend quite some time, hunched over the toilet, gagging. No vomit. All dry heaving. Sweat pooring from every inch of my body, the shakes come over me, and I just feel fucking. awful. Okay so I expected all this to happen, it's the "norm" for most pregnancies, and clearly I'm no exception. Don't even get me start on this ridiculous exhaustion.. *high five to all of you who survived the nine months!*
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 9, 2014 at 8:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
booaura
by Platinum Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 8:30 AM
I'm 18 weeks and have hg. Its hell. If my first pregnancy had been this bad, we wouldn't have had more. I'm not going through this again, it just isn't worth it. Some women have wonderful pregnancies...I'm not one of them. Hope you feel better soon!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 9, 2014 at 8:30 AM

What's the big deal about throwing up?  I always feel immensely better after I throw up.  I couldn't just sit there all day and be nauseated.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 9, 2014 at 8:34 AM
I'm so sorry, I hope things get better/easier for you!

Quoting booaura: I'm 18 weeks and have hg. Its hell. If my first pregnancy had been this bad, we wouldn't have had more. I'm not going through this again, it just isn't worth it. Some women have wonderful pregnancies...I'm not one of them. Hope you feel better soon!
amandajoy21
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 8:35 AM
Have you tried the pregnancy pops you can get at babies r us they work wonders in morning sickness. If you can't get those try ginger ale or sucking on crystallized ginger. I also found if I ate some small and bland first thing in the morning it was a lot better. Don't worry it normally doesn't last into the second trimester do only a few weeks to go at least with the morning sickness.
JackAttacks
by Angel on Jul. 9, 2014 at 8:36 AM

it gets better once you hit about 12 weeks and then its awesome until you hit about 24 weeks and then its WORSE than the first trimester :( but then its over and you have a baby. and then the hormones hit and youre bluesy for a few days (hopefully) and then youre somewhat normal for a while but you have a pooping sleeping(but not when you want him to) crying person you have to take care of :)

itll be fine!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 9, 2014 at 8:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Well i hate throwing up as well. I only threw up 3 times. I'll do everything in my power not to throw up.
booaura
by Platinum Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 8:39 AM
Me too, believe me. Three weeks in the hospital was more than enough. I hope this pregnancy gets easier for you as well. Dry heaving is the absolute worst. I prefer vomiting, because it calms that feeling, at least briefly.

Quoting Anonymous: I'm so sorry, I hope things get better/easier for you!

Quoting booaura: I'm 18 weeks and have hg. Its hell. If my first pregnancy had been this bad, we wouldn't have had more. I'm not going through this again, it just isn't worth it. Some women have wonderful pregnancies...I'm not one of them. Hope you feel better soon!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 9, 2014 at 8:39 AM
I have honestly never once felt better after puking. I'd rather go sky diving (I'm insanely terrified of heights if that tells you anything) than puke. It's just an awful feeling and I hate it.

Quoting Anonymous:

What's the big deal about throwing up?  I always feel immensely better after I throw up.  I couldn't just sit there all day and be nauseated.

booaura
by Platinum Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 8:40 AM
When that's just about all you do, to the point of vomiting up blood from esophageal tears from the constant force, its a big deal.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jspee10
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 8:41 AM

noone "likes" throwing up

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)