Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I think he's upset oh well even though I feel bad

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 44 Replies
I think cs enforcement raised child support on my daughters dad for her. He was paying the maximum the state of michigan would allow if you get assistance for your child.

They asked if I wanted to raise it a few weeks ago and I didn't respond due to being in the hospital having my c-sections for my son.

I told him about the letter which we both agreed we'd not touch or change the child support amount because he has a new baby with his wife.

Well they raised it anyway, should I let him know or let him find out on his own? I feel kind of bad for taking the extra money because he has a new baby to care for.

Should I give him 1/2 of the money back or just keep it and use it on our daughter?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 9, 2014 at 8:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PeachQuean
by on Jul. 9, 2014 at 8:57 AM

If I were you I wouldnt collect any from him. 

But that is because of the way I feel about CS in the first place, I am kinda against it. 

But here is a bump!

bethgoedeken
by Silver Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 8:59 AM

Keep that shit. Your kid deserves it.

BrownEyedGirl86
by Silver Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:00 AM

chances are he had/has the option to appeal it.  Could it have been an increase of living??

sweettea1985
by Silver Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:00 AM
How come? Just curious to hear your opinion..

Quoting PeachQuean:

But that is because of the way I feel about CS in the first place, I am kinda against it. 

But here is a bump!

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:01 AM
It depends. Was it 50 bucks or more like 250?
CABZS
by Emerald Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:04 AM
2 moms liked this
Oh yes bc my son doesn't deserve be supported by both his parents. Makes sense, make babies and have no consequences for not taking care of them.

Quoting PeachQuean:

But here is a bump!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:04 AM
No we both agreed to contest it but ended up not doing it due to me being in the hospital and his wife going into labor around the same time as me being in the hospital.

I have not heard from him in 2 weeks

Quoting BrownEyedGirl86:

chances are he had/has the option to appeal it.  Could it have been an increase of living??

CABZS
by Emerald Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:05 AM
If you agreed to not have it increased I feel you should honor that agreement.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:08 AM
About $26 dollars more than usual it was around $37 now it's up to $66. I don't need him upset with me when we both agreed to contest it in the first place. either way I have a feeling he'll be paying me a visit tomorrow unless he already knows then again he doesn't look at his check stubs.

Quoting mem82: It depends. Was it 50 bucks or more like 250?
Basicrose
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:08 AM

If you really dont think you should not keep the extra money, give him back the difference of the increase. but i would tell him. if you dont would he get mad at you and cause issues because you were being dishonest?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN