Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

HELP!!! global warming = intelligence???

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2014 at 8:56 AM
  • 15 Replies

Do you think global warming = intelligence???

My Ds's teacher asked the class if they believed "Global Warming"?  And asked Ds what he thought about it. My Ds replied bluntly and simply: "No, I don't believe it"  The teacher said :"Yeah, some people don't believe Global warming. You know what, they are less intelligent." 

What he meant by that?  Is it true?  I'm confused.  So, I'm considered intellegent because I personally kind of believe it????

confused

by on Jul. 9, 2014 at 8:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 9, 2014 at 8:59 AM
That teacher and I would haves huge issue. She sounds quite ignorant, herself. I would never allow an ignorant teacher to "teach" my child. I can't wait until tenure goes bye bye. Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:02 AM
Common sense is not so common anymore
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:03 AM

Generally people who do not believe in climate change also do not support science. 

So, yes, they are generally less intelligent.

momof6nokc
by Gold Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:04 AM

False.  

And where the hell did you get such an asinine thought???

Quoting Anonymous:

Generally people who do not believe in climate change also do not support science. 

Your crazy is showing. You might want to tuck that back in.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:07 AM
2 moms liked this

Um....evidence?

If you think people like Rick Perry, Sarah Palin, and Michelle Bachmann are intelligent, there's nothing I can do to help you.

Quoting momof6nokc:

False.  

And where the hell did you get such an asinine thought???

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:07 AM
Well considering most of North America used to be covered in glaciers.... The only question is wether or not people are contributing to it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:07 AM
They way the teacher handles it was wrong. She should have used it as a teaching moment. Global warming is kind of obvious, but I don't agree with how the teacher spoke to the child.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:08 AM
Have DS tell the teacher: "it's no longer referred to as global warming - it's now referred to as climate change... So who's the intelligent one?"

Either way it's all stupid. The earths climate is forever changing. We are currently at tail end of the most recent ice age. The earth will gradually warm, then over millions of years gradually cool again - it's an ebb and flow in and out of ice ages.
Raeann11
by Ruby Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:13 AM

Just because someone doesn't believe something others do. Doesn't mean they are not intelligent.

JamesMom714
by Platinum Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:13 AM
The climate of the earth has changed ever since the earth was formed. People are acting like climate change is some new thing that humans brought about in the last hundred years, that is false. We are at the tail end of an Ice age. The earth's climate is going to change whether or not humans are around.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN