Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Teen-aged boys eating me out of house and home!

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:11 AM
  • 14 Replies

I can't keep food in the house...For example, yesterday I bought a box of 8 granola bars and the box is empty this morning! I have 2 teen boys and a 6 year old. Somehow I don't think girls eat this way...

by on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thetrollcat
by Meow on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:12 AM

yes girls are the same way I had two teens at once and our grocery bill went WAY UP!

bcoll
by Brandi on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:14 AM

Haha, my 12 year old girl eats as much as my almost 15 year old twin boys. The 10 year old boy and girl aren't too far behind. At least a couple of mine are still little. Lol

bluebunnybabe
by Ruby Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:14 AM
When my boys were that age, they had a group of friends that were always there too. I used to make several huge casseroles at once & put them in the fridge or I would go buy a bunch of $5 pizzas & throw them in there. I used to just put tons of cheap food in there so there was always something for them to eat. And if I were you, I'd go buy myself some granola bars & put them in my room if it was a treat I liked. :)
highlandmum
by Spunky on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:16 AM

I am not looking forward to this.  I have seen how my friends twins eat - they are 16 and at least 6'-3" and about 170 lbs and both are athletes.  I really do not want to know what their grocery bill is.

thetrollcat
by Meow on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:16 AM
1 mom liked this

that too meow! Not only are you feeding your kids but their friends, the boy/girl friends whatever...

We want our kids to be social with their friends and do not complain about the friends coming over however, there is a limit what and how much they should eat... But we do feed the friends dinner if they are here.

Its a great way to stay involved with your kids! Number one lesson I learned. 

Quoting bluebunnybabe: When my boys were that age, they had a group of friends that were always there too. I used to make several huge casseroles at once & put them in the fridge or I would go buy a bunch of $5 pizzas & throw them in there. I used to just put tons of cheap food in there so there was always something for them to eat. And if I were you, I'd go buy myself some granola bars & put them in my room if it was a treat I liked. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:17 AM

I'd just stop buying that kind of stuff I would buy only things that have to be cooked.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:19 AM
2 teenage girls here. You'd be wrong
bleumonster
by Ruby Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:20 AM
My 16 year old girl does lol. My 12 year old boy hasn't quite made it to teen eating but there are certain things that will disappear quickly.
bluebunnybabe
by Ruby Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:22 AM
It really is a good way to be involved & know what they are up to. Our house was "that" house & I loved it even with the high grocery bills. My youngest son had a group of three friends whose home lives were not good at all & I was just glad they had somewhere to be & food to eat. They basically stayed with us from 15 - 17 (with their parent's blessings) & they are all around 25 now & I know it meant a lot to them. I don't see them often but when I do, they still give hugs & call me mom.

Quoting thetrollcat:

that too meow! Not only are you feeding your kids but their friends, the boy/girl friends whatever...

We want our kids to be social with their friends and do not complain about the friends coming over however, there is a limit what and how much they should eat... But we do feed the friends dinner if they are here.

Its a great way to stay involved with your kids! Number one lesson I learned. 

Quoting bluebunnybabe: When my boys were that age, they had a group of friends that were always there too. I used to make several huge casseroles at once & put them in the fridge or I would go buy a bunch of $5 pizzas & throw them in there. I used to just put tons of cheap food in there so there was always something for them to eat. And if I were you, I'd go buy myself some granola bars & put them in my room if it was a treat I liked. :)

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:22 AM
My 9 yo girl eats more than my 17 yo son, lol. Food doesn't last long in my house. Granola bars are devoured in one day at my house too. Cereal disappears the fastest here. The huge family sized box might last 2 days if I'm lucky.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)