Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My strange negihbor

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
My negihbor has began recording. He will take his video camera and then put it on a tripod and record. At 1st i thought he was just doing it to record negihborhood activity. But it is strange. And he is recording people without their premission. Children playing etc. What would you do? Should i tell the landlord? And btw we have cameras on the property. So it really no need for him to record.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:23 AM
Is it inside him home?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:23 AM

From what I understand it's legal....legal but fucking creepy. Since he rents though maybe the landlord can do something, it's his/her property.

bleumonster
by Ruby Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:24 AM
I would have asked him what he was doing and if he had a permit for it the first time I saw it. Then casually asked the landlord if he/she knew about it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:25 AM
No it is outside but by the home.

Quoting Anonymous: Is it inside him home?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:25 AM
Woa all kinds of freak bells went off...report him
twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:26 AM
Ask him what he's doing.
I'm blunt like that.
bluebunnybabe
by Ruby Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:26 AM
In most places, it's legal to record if people are in a public area where they have no expectation of privacy. You could mention it to the landlord though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:27 AM
I did ask and he ignored me. I think i will mention it to the landlord. It is her property. And needs to know if someone hasnt already told her.

Quoting bleumonster: I would have asked him what he was doing and if he had a permit for it the first time I saw it. Then casually asked the landlord if he/she knew about it.
bleumonster
by Ruby Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:33 AM
Oh that would have pissed me off. I would have stood in front of his camera about 2 inches away and repeated the question lol.

Quoting Anonymous: I did ask and he ignored me. I think i will mention it to the landlord. It is her property. And needs to know if someone hasnt already told her.

Quoting bleumonster: I would have asked him what he was doing and if he had a permit for it the first time I saw it. Then casually asked the landlord if he/she knew about it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)