Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Teenage boy needing a sitter...guess it went poof.

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:27 AM
  • 35 Replies
It went on for a awhile. Did OP ever say why her ds14 needed a sitter? Or did she get caught as a troll?
by on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amandajoy21
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:28 AM
I saw the post but I don't think she ever explained why. I am guessing she needs to cut the umbilical cord.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:30 AM
She said he'd never been left alone before because she never had a job before. She flipped her shit when asked if he was special needs, lol.

I had my first job at 14, ffs...
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:30 AM

I laughed when she said she leaves him alone "when she tends to her gardening"

uh, my 8 year old is capable of being by himself in the house or yard while I mow the lawn

erin708
by Gold Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:31 AM
I thought that was hilarious.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom-to-2kids
by Ruby Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:31 AM
Either she was a troll or realized how silly she looked. I mean fuck, cut the damn cord lol
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:32 AM
That was bonkers. What 14 yo wouldn't love some alone time. I would have been offended if my mom hired a sitter for me when I was 14.
Mom-to-2kids
by Ruby Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:32 AM
2 moms liked this
I know right? I wonder if she made him leave the bathroom door open when he took baths. To make sure he didn't drown

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

I laughed when she said she leaves him alone "when she tends to her gardening"

uh, my 8 year old is capable of being by himself in the house or yard while I mow the lawn

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:33 AM

heck, the summer I was 15 I babysat a 6 yr old and twin 3 yr olds for an entire summer!

almburr
by Gold Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:33 AM
I know she was ticked about being asked if he was special needs. My dd12 babysits a 3 and 2yr old. Lot of 14yr olds have jobs, or stay home by themselves.

Quoting Danesmommy1: She said he'd never been left alone before because she never had a job before. She flipped her shit when asked if he was special needs, lol.

I had my first job at 14, ffs...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:34 AM
I dont know if she was a troll or not. My negihbor does not let her 13 year old granddaughter play in the yard alone. We are talking 13 and playing in the yard. At that age my ds went to the mall with friends. You do have people with wierd parenting. So who knows.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)