Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Have you ever taken away a toy for a few days because...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
It was "Broken"?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:49 AM
I have taken a book that my toddler ripped a page on and took a week to tape the page because I was tired of reading it 6 times a day everyday
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:49 AM
Lol, no. But I have let toys' batteries go dead and not replaced them. Told the kids that it must have stopped working. That little trick only works when kids are very young, though.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:51 AM
The goddamned lawn mower popper toy had a tragic accident and had to go to the toy hospital for a few days.
handy0318
by Platinum Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Yeah... I did this all the time. Some of the more annoying ones... I didn't even wait for the batteries to die, I just took them out. However, my kids didn't catch on until much later. They were horrified that I did such a thing. lol

Quoting almondpigeon: Lol, no. But I have let toys' batteries go dead and not replaced them. Told the kids that it must have stopped working. That little trick only works when kids are very young, though.

69liliem10
by on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:52 AM

Oh hell yeah.

DD had this one monkey that had one of those voice box things in it. She loved that fucking thing. So one night I'm up, it's like 4 am (I work night shift so on my nights off I'm still on that schedule) and this fucking monkey starts in all "oooh, oooh, ah, ah." Scared the ever living fuck out of me.

A couple days later, DD put it in the lazy suzan in the kitchen, I'm making fucking spaghetti and all i hear is "oooh, oooh, ah, ah" as I go to get some pasta sauce. I swear, that fucking monkey.

I put it in the donation box last month. She got the whole set of plush Doc McStuffins dolls as a replacement. None of those fuckers talk.

heidi749
by Canadian on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:53 AM

Many battery operated toys have "broken". Until he realized the batteries could be changed lol...

tisha826
by Tisha on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:55 AM
Mine may need to go too, they always try to play with that thing while I'm trying to have a damn conversation with someone!

Quoting Danesmommy1: The goddamned lawn mower popper toy had a tragic accident and had to go to the toy hospital for a few days.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:55 AM
DS has a pipsqueak sock monkey. It sucks and hes figured out the on off switch

Quoting 69liliem10:

Oh hell yeah.

DD had this one monkey that had one of those voice box things in it. She loved that fucking thing. So one night I'm up, it's like 4 am (I work night shift so on my nights off I'm still on that schedule) and this fucking monkey starts in all "oooh, oooh, ah, ah." Scared the ever living fuck out of me.

A couple days later, DD put it in the lazy suzan in the kitchen, I'm making fucking spaghetti and all i hear is "oooh, oooh, ah, ah" as I go to get some pasta sauce. I swear, that fucking monkey.

I put it in the donation box last month. She got the whole set of plush Doc McStuffins dolls as a replacement. None of those fuckers talk.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:59 AM
No i havent taken away a toy that was broken.

My husband has hid a toy that my daughter loves so much behind a box and he was like great she found it. Because he hates it so much.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)