Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

IS IT WRONG??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 40 Replies
I nanny for a 17 month old little boy. his mom is a pretty good friend of mine and when I started, I was helping her out cause she was tight on money. I make 20 bucks a day for 9 hrs per day. I know which isnt a lot at all! She picks up and drops off, brings all the food and everything for him everyday. For the last couple months she had been coming over with new clothes (some from victoria secret)new piercings, new tattoos, hair colored ( new). Now I know that its her right to do all those things but I just feel like she is taking advantage of me. I would like to ask for more money but not sure how to go about doing that without making it a huge thing.Also I should add that dh and I just had a baby ( 6 1/2 months old) and she Iis giving us EVERYTHING from her son that he doesnt use anymore which is huuge help. Is it wrong and selfish to ask for more money per day? I should also add I only work 4 days a week.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LilysMama719
by Emmy on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:58 AM
That's normal for my area. Daycare for a year and older is 100 dollars a week. What is the average for your area? It sounds like she is giving you a lot of extras with the clothes and stuff. It's also an extra that she provides the food.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 9, 2014 at 10:07 AM
daycare per week is over 350 dollars! I was gonna ask for 30 day. but not sure

Quoting LilysMama719: That's normal for my area. Daycare for a year and older is 100 dollars a week. What is the average for your area? It sounds like she is giving you a lot of extras with the clothes and stuff. It's also an extra that she provides the food.
mommytoeandb
by Platinum Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 10:10 AM

Quoting Anonymous: daycare per week is over 350 dollars! I was gonna ask for 30 day. but not sure
Quoting LilysMama719: That's normal for my area. Daycare for a year and older is 100 dollars a week. What is the average for your area? It sounds like she is giving you a lot of extras with the clothes and stuff. It's also an extra that she provides the food.

Is that at a center or for in-home care?  

LilysMama719
by Emmy on Jul. 9, 2014 at 10:12 AM
For one child! Where do you live? If that is typical for in home day care, I would ask for more money.

Quoting Anonymous: daycare per week is over 350 dollars! I was gonna ask for 30 day. but not sure

virgoj3
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 10:12 AM
1 mom liked this

let her you know you'd like ot tlak to her about a raise, and ask her what she thinks would be fair.  The money you are paid to provide childcare has nothing to do with any extras she gives you for your family - that is completely separate.  Ask her to think about what a fair increase would be and set a date and time to discuss it after you've both thought about it.   

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 9, 2014 at 10:12 AM

Wow, truthfully - I would never do that.  I don't know where you live but you could never even get super cheap care for $20 a day.  Cheap care is $30 a day, and I charge $50 a day.  I a registered ECE with almost 15 years experience, etc though mind you.  Don't sell yourself short.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 9, 2014 at 10:13 AM
day care center

Quoting mommytoeandb:

Is that at a center or for in-home care?  

CorbinsMumma
by Ruby Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 10:15 AM
This sounds good.

Quoting virgoj3:

let her you know you'd like ot tlak to her about a raise, and ask her what she thinks would be fair.  The money you are paid to provide childcare has nothing to do with any extras she gives you for your family - that is completely separate.  Ask her to think about what a fair increase would be and set a date and time to discuss it after you've both thought about it.   

lanceandhailey
by Platinum Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 10:15 AM
1 mom liked this

She brings the food for her child, pays you and is giving you a bunch of baby stuff, and you want to ask for more? This is your friend, it sounds like you are both helping each other out. Either leave it the way it is or quit, you will just sound selfish. You agreed to the amount you are being paid.

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

jb0520
by Platinum Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 10:17 AM
Um I think 30 a day is 100% fair that's what a daycare would make! Its a rough stop because she's paying you with stuff too ya know!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)