Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Isn't it neglect to not feed your kids?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 367 Replies
7 moms liked this

In another thread that was deleted, someone asked this and I thought it was a very good question. The thread was about schools delivering food to parks during the summer.

Why is it that the taxpayers are horrible people for not wanting to provide for random children, but the parents of these children are not at all held accountable for not feeding their kids?  Isn't it neglect to not provide food for your own kids?

Before you bitch at me, I'm not saying I agree or disagree, I've just noticed this double standard and would like to hear your opinions.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 9, 2014 at 12:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 9, 2014 at 12:17 PM

Bumping because this got buried.

tattedmommy730
by Gold Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 12:18 PM
38 moms liked this

A lot of times the parents are doing all they can and still don't have enough to provide a healthy lunch in the summer

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 9, 2014 at 12:19 PM
6 moms liked this

Many people feel that it would be worse for the kids to be in foster care so they baby the negligent parents, allowing them to continue the shitty behavior and subpar parenting.

JulyBabies
by Gold Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 12:19 PM
7 moms liked this

Only if they qualify for services and are not taking advantage of them do I feel that it's neglect. If people fall on hard times and don't qualify for services and are doing their best, I don't see it as neglect. 

Bubbie0809
by Dreaded hippie on Jul. 9, 2014 at 12:21 PM
11 moms liked this
We volunteer and help make sandwiches for one of these programs.
I don't know if I think it's neglect, but what else can be done?
I would rather help provide then anyone go hungry.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 9, 2014 at 12:21 PM
5 moms liked this
Just because someone goes to the lunch spots doesnt mean they arent or cant provide for their kids. Should i not take advantage of reduced lunch? And send my kids with lunch during the school year. They probably can but go because its saves money.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 9, 2014 at 12:21 PM
2 moms liked this

What about those who continue to have children and already use every other form of welfare like WIC and FS.  Should those people continue to have children in their care when they don't even care enough to feed them?

Quoting JulyBabies:

Only if they qualify for services and are not taking advantage of them do I feel that it's neglect. If people fall on hard times and don't qualify for services and are doing their best, I don't see it as neglect. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 9, 2014 at 12:23 PM
Exactly. That would be neglect. And chaining kids up etc. People just want something to bitch about. It the same thing in school. They provide lunch.

Quoting JulyBabies:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 9, 2014 at 12:23 PM
5 moms liked this

Ok, I understand this. But wouldn't you agree that this is taking advantage of other taxpayers?  Can you blame people for not wanting to buy your kids food when they may have to scrimp to provide for their own kids? 

How is this fair to them?  Wouldn't you agree that they are justified in being upset by this?

Quoting Anonymous: Just because someone goes to the lunch spots doesnt mean they arent or cant provide for their kids. Should i not take advantage of reduced lunch? And send my kids with lunch during the school year. They probably can but go because its saves money.

falloutboy
by Silver Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 12:24 PM
20 moms liked this
It's a free program offered to anyone under 18, no matter their status of living. I think it's great.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)