Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

how do you clean & do chores with a clingy baby?

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2014 at 1:41 PM
  • 288 Replies
I've tried a sling and a wrap and carrying him but it gets super hot on both of us and hurts my back. Right now he's sitting in a walker and I'm behind him doing laundry but he hates not being held. If I walk by him or he hears me he starts crying. I can't put off chores all day and do them when dh is home and can keep the baby happy.
I swear this kid thinks he's a prince and must be occupies 24/7.
It would help if he ever took a nap but he won't nap unless he's being held and has a nipple in his mouth. We start homeschooling august 10th and I have another baby due in February. I was thinking since he's crawling now he'd become a little independent but he will just cry while he crawls around looking for me or trying to get back to me. He's got a ton of toys. A brother and sister to play with and I keep cartoons on all day.

Ugh I'm gonna go crazy andy house is gonna fall apart. I am making him sit while I do laundry now because I let it get so backed up I don't have any clean clothes.
by on Jul. 9, 2014 at 1:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lonelymoon
by Always bright on Jul. 9, 2014 at 1:55 PM
1 mom liked this
When he sleeps
mommybear91
by Gold Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 1:57 PM
2 moms liked this
I keep telling Dh this. He works and I'm a SAHM he always ask why I start doing the big cleaning at night.
Yosoytumamii
by Mama Chonga on Jul. 9, 2014 at 2:01 PM
When my son is clingy I take the day off from chores. In your case it sounds like you can never get anything done because he's always clingy, right? Does he cry when he's sitting next to you too? Did you try giving him a bath before nap time?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 9, 2014 at 2:02 PM
4 moms liked this
Yet you can manage to post on Cm but not clean
spunky946
by Ruby Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 2:04 PM
10 moms liked this

Personally I'd make sure he was fed and diaper changed and I'd put him down the with toys and go about your chores.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 9, 2014 at 2:04 PM

I hear ya. my daughter is 19 months old and its almost impossible to get anything done with her. she has always been very clingy with me. she has all kinds of toys and her older brother. but she loves just sitting in my lap all day. some days, all I can do is get dinner done. and even that is a challenge because she'll cry the whole time wanting me to hold her. its frustrating. basically nap time is the only time I have to get anything done. she will let me put her down a few mins here and there. I do the best I can. but it definitely is a little difficult. 

KelliansMom
by Platinum Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 2:06 PM
2 moms liked this

love my ergo baby csrrier on thr clingy days my baby goes in there while i clean or cook. big cleaning jobs i save for nap time

rmgriffberg
by on Jul. 9, 2014 at 2:06 PM
1 mom liked this

oh hugs mama! its HARD! i have 3 with one on the way. ods is 5, dd is 3, yds is 16mo. we will be homeschooling in the fall as well and baby #4 is due in feb. my yds is a love bug (aka clingy). he just recently started being ok with not being right next to me all the time. we got a structured back carrier and it helps, but i can only wear it for 15mins because yds is so big. one thing that worked for me was setting a timer. start with 5 mins and clean for 5 min, when the timer goes off, go back and play with baby. slowly increase it by 5 mins. also how old is he?

Rhyinns.Mommy
by Silver Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 2:09 PM
I was luck with both of mine, 90% of the time they sleep. And they are happier down and playing. Of course they have their days. I'm sorry, I hope someone here can say something helpful.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 9, 2014 at 2:09 PM
9 moms liked this
I have never had a clingy baby. I trained them very early on to be independent, and self entertaining.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)