Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Any moms notice...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies
That your breastfed child doesn't get as sick as some. I have a 4 yr old that I breastfed 19 months. Whenever she gets a cold or virus it doesn't last very long. Do you think it was the breastfeeding or my dd has a great immune system. She is in daycare 3 days a week. BTW this is not a indirect bash post for the non breastfeeding moms.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 9, 2014 at 10:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 9, 2014 at 11:00 PM
My formula fed kid never has been sick. Meanwhile the bf kid is always sick, every bug she gets it bad
AvantGardener
by Song Bird on Jul. 9, 2014 at 11:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I have two children. One was breastfed and one was not. When one gets sick, they both get it. Every time.

amberlyp
by Gold Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 11:00 PM
My kids were/are fb and get sick CONSTANTLY
incogNinja
by Whofflé on Jul. 9, 2014 at 11:00 PM
Mainly. But my 1/5 who was ff didn't really get sick either.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 9, 2014 at 11:01 PM
My bf child got sick more than my non bf child
PoisonEyeV
by _ on Jul. 9, 2014 at 11:01 PM

I don't know anymore. My boyfriends nieces get sick all the time and they were all breastfed up until age 2 or so. I never breastfed mine unless you consider the first 2 weeks of pumping and mine rarely ever get sick.

MicheleJM
by Ruby Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 11:01 PM

Honestly I didn't notice much of a difference.  They still bought home far too many colds and gave them to me.

_mimimosley_
by Ruby Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 11:02 PM
Both of mine were ff and are strong as horses and healthy, barely ever get sick.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 9, 2014 at 11:02 PM
I would say great immune system. My son was formula fed and he's the same as your daughter. The worst my son had was strep throat in kindergarten along with a handful of other classmates.
Mommy_Jenx3
by Ruby Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 11:02 PM

I was breastfed along with one of my siblings. I was always the sick one, he was healthy. My other sibling was fairly healthy and bottle fed. My kids were bottle fed. One gets a good amount of colds each year, the others are pretty healthy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)