Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

He took my kid without permission and now DH thinks I should apologize..

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2014 at 8:14 PM
  • 234 Replies
1 mom liked this
The kids and I are staying at my in-laws for a few days and today while DH was at work my father in law said that he needed to move he truck to the other side of the street do to the street sweeper and took my son with him. I was ok with him only moving the truck across the street but he knows he is not allowed to drive him anywhere by himself. I go back into the house 15 min later and my son is not there so I run outside and the truck is gone. I call my fater in law like crazy but he does not answer and finally 45 min later he shows up and my 7 year old son is riding in the FRONT SEAT. So I flip out on him and pull my son out of the car and told him that he could of killed him because of the airbag and tild him he is never allowed to take my children anywhere. I call my DH and told him everything that happened and he was very upset about what happened but that I overreacted and should appologize to his dad.....wtf are you kidding me, he is lucky all I did was yell at him.
What would you have done in this situation, should I apologize??

EDIT:he is not allowed to drive the children because he is not a good driver and has never been allowed to take the kids anywhere and has been told this many times by his son.
Everybody is just focusing on the fact that he was in the front seat and thats not a reason to be angry but that's not the whole story. I had no idea where my son was for nearly an hour and was in a panic trying to call fil and he never answerd his phone so when they finally showed up I was pretty upset.
by on Jul. 10, 2014 at 8:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 10, 2014 at 8:15 PM
Why is he not allowed to drive him anywhere by himself?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 10, 2014 at 8:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Im kinda of on your husbands side. I would have talked to him about it if i didn't agree but you did overreact by yelling. Do you even know rather or not he turned the airbags off?

Diva-Mami
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 8:16 PM
Why cant he take the kids out
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 10, 2014 at 8:18 PM
7 moms liked this
I would first calm the F down. Unless you get more specific as to why he can't drive your kid I'm with your dh.
xixCandyxix
by Platinum Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 8:19 PM
You can shut airbags off in pickups. Even in the ones with 2 rows of seats. I had one, I'd know.
TheyAreMyLoves
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 8:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Unless the grandfather is dangerous in some way and shouldn't be driving....you're totally overreacting and should apologize.
thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 8:23 PM
1 mom liked this

You overreacted.

quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 8:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Calm the hell down. He shouldn't have been in the front seat but you way over reacted. It wasn't that long ago a 7 year old in the front seat was normal. All you had to do was say he isn't old enough to ride in the front. No reason to act like a crazy person. Also, why isn't your son partially accountable? Mine knows he isn't supposed to be up there and will get in trouble for trying to talk another adult, who doesn't know the current laws, into letting him ride in the front.
mrsmoonbeam
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 8:24 PM
This

Quoting TheyAreMyLoves: Unless the grandfather is dangerous in some way and shouldn't be driving....you're totally overreacting and should apologize.
mstasha210
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 8:25 PM
3 moms liked this

Yes you were wrong to flip out like that and should apologize.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)