Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Grieving childbirth??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 173 Replies

I read an article about grieving the birth of your child if it didn't go as planned. For those of you who had to have Medical intervention did you feel like you needed to mourn what happened?  Did you feel like you couldn't get past it and be happy that you had a healthy baby?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 11, 2014 at 11:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 11, 2014 at 11:11 AM
1 mom liked this
I wasn't pleased with the decisions that were forced upon me, but once my kid popped out I was happy with the result.
LNLMommy
by Silver Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 11:12 AM
1 mom liked this

if my baby is healthy and happy, no need to mourn something that you can't change. I really wanted an all natural birth for the third child but things didn't go as planned. Luckily-I got my waterbirth with my last child but even if I didn't, I would be focusing on the task in front of me and not something I can't change

Randi02
by Platinum Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 11:12 AM
1 mom liked this
I was sad that I needed to have c sections, but my babies would have died if I hadn't.
That's enough for me to not mourn them, and I still had a lot of control over how they went.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 11, 2014 at 11:13 AM
7 moms liked this
I think its disgustingly selfish. You can be a bit bummed but grieving that it went differently? I think you were more focused on you getting that birth than your baby.

Be happy that your baby and yourself are alive and well instead.
EAzizM
by Erica on Jul. 11, 2014 at 11:13 AM
Some call it birth rape. O.o
brysonsmommy_10
by Silver Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 11:14 AM
Ds came a month early due to preeclampsia and I had to have a c section with dd. I left with healthy babies, which was the only plan I had, so I am happy with how things went.
strongforthem
by Platinum Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 11:14 AM
Sometimes a terrible birth can trigger PPD, I can see someone feeling grief over planning a beautiful natural birth and then ending up on the operation table.
fitegirl
by Silver Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 11:16 AM
I don't know if I grieved but I was upset it didn't go as planned. I had to have an emergency c-section and had my tubes tied at the same time (I had an appt to do it 8 weeks pp but since they were in there they went ahead and did it). I felt a but overwhelmed. And I was angry that I wasn't able to give birth vaginally like I did my other kids.
CByxbe
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 11:17 AM
My first didn't go the way I wanted but I didn't get upset or sad...I was happy my baby was healthy. But I understand how women would feel that way.
alexsmommy2010
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 11:18 AM
I got diagnosed with ptsd from my sons birth. He was 8 weeks early, had a potiental life threating birth defect we didnt know about and spent 31 days in nicu.
I understand people grieving if something didnt go as planned. We all have a certain idea of what we want to happen and if it doesnt then its ok to be sad about it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)