Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

No more spray sunblock... thoughts?

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2014 at 11:57 AM
  • 247 Replies
I've been seeing it all over my fb news fees and finally last night I read a link. Apparently you shouldn't actually spray it on your kids because they can breathe it in and there is no research as to the effects it can take on a child's health.

I'm sorry but I have always bought the spray its way easier and takes seconds compared to the 15 minutes it tmakes to rub in lotion. However I took it to be common sense you don't actually spray it on a kid. I spray it in my hand and pat my kids with it. Always have because I mean common sense is they are going to take a breath and well who wants or needs sun block in their lungs? And we use the stick for faces.

Are you guilty of spraying your kids down? Or you stick with lotion? Does the new article make you think twice about spraying them in the future?

Eta: I've been featured! First Eva!!! Yay!
by on Jul. 11, 2014 at 11:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momto2boys973
by Ruby Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 11:59 AM
56 moms liked this
Yeah, I spray my kids and I tell them "hold your breath!!!"
It's not rocket science, lol. And really, I do it carefully area by area, I don't spray them as if I was putting PAM on a pan, give me a break.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 11, 2014 at 12:00 PM
2 moms liked this
I tell them to run while I chase them and spray lol. For the face I always use a lotion. I better stock up..
Raeann11
by Ruby Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 12:01 PM
10 moms liked this

We spray ourselves down all the time. We never spray their face. We will spray in on our hands or theirs and rub it around.

CoolRelax
by Platinum Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 12:01 PM

Quoting momto2boys973: Yeah, I spray my kids and I tell them "hold your breath!!!" It's not rocket science, lol. And really, I do it carefully area by area, I don't spray them as if I was putting PAM on a pan, give me a break.

This, lol. 

Cocomicah
by time lord on Jul. 11, 2014 at 12:01 PM
21 moms liked this
Lol let someone do a study on the actual air they constantly breathe.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 11, 2014 at 12:01 PM
6 moms liked this
We don't use commercial sunblock with all the chemicals. We get the "natural" ones and they don't usually come in a spray anyway. Stay away from Oxybenzone!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 11, 2014 at 12:02 PM
http://foodbabe.com/2013/05/05/what-you-need-to-know-before-you-ever-buy-sunscreen-again/
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jul. 11, 2014 at 12:02 PM
8 moms liked this

I don't find the spray to be nearly as effective as the cream.I stick with the cream.

bleumonster
by Ruby Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 12:03 PM
Same.

Quoting Raeann11:

We spray ourselves down all the time. We never spray their face. We will spray in on our hands or theirs and rub it around.

BraydensMama163
by Ruby Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 12:03 PM
Lol and how does that work out?

We always have a stock sadly my kids will never know what it is to be tan they just burn.

Quoting Anonymous: I tell them to run while I chase them and spray lol. For the face I always use a lotion. I better stock up..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)