Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I just think it makes sense for there to be a God but Im torn..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 109 Replies
1 mom liked this
Fair warning, I'll most likely say some stupid things but please don't bash. I'd honestly like some input/help. Now, I've somewhat learned about evolution and it just doesn't make sense to me. I can't imagine humans, coming from any sort of monkey or fish.. I mean, we've yet to see a monkey change into a human and we've studied them for how long? I know we have several things in common with them but I still can't wrap my head around it. Some have mentioned cavemen to me and I'm just thinking.. They're hairy humans. They couldn't shave or get a wax back then.. It doesn't mean they were a monkey that happened to grow into a human. Then I wonder, why do we give birth to a human rather than a monkey? Since thats where we start out at.. I just find our world and everything in it to be far too complex for there not to be a God. I look at the big bang as something that happen when God created earth.. Ive always believed what Ive read from KJV but I'm really torn on how things didnt get mixed up after all these years
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 12, 2014 at 9:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 9:05 AM
1 mom liked this
I like to call it selective evolution. We've always been humans, but have evolved into the more refined creatures we are today.
polkaspots
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 9:12 AM
That's now how it worked. It's not like one monkey turned into a human. It seems like you haven't researched at all. Over many years everything changed bit by bit. They developed mutations that helped them and those species survived.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 12, 2014 at 9:13 AM
But then I also wonder, how does science fully prove these things if they aren't real? If we didn't come from monkeys or whatever, how are people getting evidence that we did?

Quoting thenameshailie: I like to call it selective evolution. We've always been humans, but have evolved into the more refined creatures we are today.
tristansmom74
by on Jul. 12, 2014 at 9:16 AM
1 mom liked this

((((hugs))))

Don't worry.  Its a hard to understand. And everyone has a different way of looking at it.  I totally completely believe in God, or the Great Spirit, or whatever name anyone puts to the Divine Creator.

Think of it like creation of a great sculpture.  When you go to make a vase out of clay it doesn't start out as a vase or even looking that way. You may start with a lump of mud from the garden (if you have clay like mine)  You mold it and work with it and it becomes something beautiful.  Don't pick my analogy apart please.... it really just an attempt to be simplistic for something that is really and truely complicated.

I don't believe in evolution without divinity.  And its simple.  A piece of dirt has no reason to evolve and become life.  No matter how many millions of years pass.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 12, 2014 at 9:17 AM
Years are still going by so why isn't it still happening?

Quoting polkaspots: That's now how it worked. It's not like one monkey turned into a human. It seems like you haven't researched at all. Over many years everything changed bit by bit. They developed mutations that helped them and those species survived.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Police on Jul. 12, 2014 at 9:18 AM
3 moms liked this
I'm a Christian who believes in evolution. Evolution is a series of tiny changes over millions of years. An ape didn't just all of a sudden birth a human. God didn't create the earth in a day and we cannot grasp what a day means to Him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 12, 2014 at 9:18 AM

tristansmom74
by on Jul. 12, 2014 at 9:19 AM

Its called scientific theory. And it is just a theory. The theory of evolution.  We can't recreat it or prove it but they have fossils, and the study of genetics that can lead them to form a hypotheisis.

Quoting Anonymous: But then I also wonder, how does science fully prove these things if they aren't real? If we didn't come from monkeys or whatever, how are people getting evidence that we did?
Quoting thenameshailie: I like to call it selective evolution. We've always been humans, but have evolved into the more refined creatures we are today.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 12, 2014 at 9:22 AM
So what exactly do you believe in when it comes to a higher power?

Quoting tristansmom74:

((((hugs))))

Don't worry.  Its a hard to understand. And everyone has a different way of looking at it.  I totally completely believe in God, or the Great Spirit, or whatever name anyone puts to the Divine Creator.

Think of it like creation of a great sculpture.  When you go to make a vase out of clay it doesn't start out as a vase or even looking that way. You may start with a lump of mud from the garden (if you have clay like mine)  You mold it and work with it and it becomes something beautiful.  Don't pick my analogy apart please.... it really just an attempt to be simplistic for something that is really and truely complicated.

I don't believe in evolution without divinity.  And its simple.  A piece of dirt has no reason to evolve and become life.  No matter how many millions of years pass.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 12, 2014 at 9:24 AM
2 moms liked this
I can't.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)