Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My sons girlfriend is having an abortion :(

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 400 Replies
They're 20. My son is in his junior year of college. We raised him in a pro-life home and he's torn about it. On the one hand, he knows it's wrong and he's tried to discourage her. Privately, to me he said he'd be a bit relieved but feels so guilty and overall doesn't want her to and has said to her that if he had to sign off on this, he wouldn't. He's told her he doesn't know if he can be with her if she does this. She said that's fine, if he feels that way she'll live with it.

I offered her a free place to live, free daycare and all the help in the world for my grandbaby. She just said no, she's not interested. Her appointment is this week and my son and I are so devastated. :(
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 12, 2014 at 1:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thefiregoddess
by Ruby Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 1:48 PM
31 moms liked this
Her body her choice. Tell him to wrap it up to prevent this in the future.
thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 1:48 PM
Sorry. I hope he is more careful from now on.
LEmommy0913
by Rachel on Jul. 12, 2014 at 1:49 PM
Aw, that's sad
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jul. 12, 2014 at 1:50 PM
5 moms liked this
Well, hopefully he'll be more vigilant with condoms from now on.
katydid150
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 1:50 PM
5 moms liked this

I'm sorry, but it is her choice to make and it sounds like the right one for her. 

KylesWifey
by Gold Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 1:50 PM
2 moms liked this

That sucks :( I'm sorry

Melissa_4
by Ruby Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 1:50 PM
6 moms liked this

She's just not ready.  Nothing you can do about it but accept her choice and not hold it against her.  Some day, she might wind up being your DIL and the mother of your grandchildren...just not right now.

panther79
by Gold Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 1:50 PM
12 moms liked this

Well BOTH of them should have been more careful. Not just him. Sadly there's nothing you or your son can do about it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 12, 2014 at 1:50 PM
16 moms liked this
Well, that's the way it goes. I'm finding the devastation from your son hard to believe after he previously admitted relief. He may just be trying to appease you.
katyusha42
by Metal Kitty on Jul. 12, 2014 at 1:51 PM
6 moms liked this
Ultimately it is her choice to make. At least she made your son aware of her intentions before the fact. Just because he was raised in a pro life home does not mean he will share those views. You should stay out of it as they are adults and entitled to make their own decisions regarding their lives.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)