Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How Is Your Relationship With Your Mom And Dad?

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2014 at 6:50 PM
  • 131 Replies
1 mom liked this

Are you really close to them, or do you not like being around them or talk to them? If you aren't close to them, did they do something to hurt you, to make you not want to be around them?

by on Jul. 12, 2014 at 6:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 12, 2014 at 6:51 PM
1 mom liked this

pretty darn good

mommieof38829
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 6:51 PM
1 mom liked this
My mother is a stupid bitch and I love my dad
km1970
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 6:51 PM
2 moms liked this

I loved mine and miss them terribly. Dad's been gone 12 years and mom has been gone 3.

StreetsAhead
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 6:52 PM
1 mom liked this
I love my dad to pieces and we are very close
My stepmum is lovely and great and I can honestly say I love her

casah4
by Gold Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 6:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I was always closest to my dad, but sadly he passed away 12 years ago.  My mom is still alive and we're not close at all. She's a bit too self-absorbed.

Gianna2014
by Gold Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 6:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm Daddy's little girl, even at 25. He supports me through everything, even recently when my choices were not the best.

My mom is highly judgemental and has been very critical of me lately. I haven't spoken to her since Mother's Day, when she ridiculed me.

TygrrEyz
by Marie on Jul. 12, 2014 at 6:53 PM
1 mom liked this
I met my dad for the first time when I was 16. My mom left him when she got pregnant because he was an abusive alcoholic. He has never really been in my life. I took my son to visit him last year and now he is in a nursing home with severe dementia. I haven't been to see him. I live next door to my mom and talk to her daily. She is a huge part of my life, but thankfully does not meddle.
young_lv_mom
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 6:54 PM
1 mom liked this
I hate my father, way to much to say. As for my mom, I love her but every time she gets a new guyshe ends up acting how she thinks the guy wants her to so I lose my mom for years on end. It sucks.
_mimimosley_
by Ruby Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 6:54 PM
1 mom liked this
My father figure, I'm very close to him, bio father I rarely see because he lives in another country.
My mom and I are not talking, she did something unforgivable while living in a house of mine and I made her move out. I paid her first few months rent in a new place but that stopped when she got a job.
TheyAreMyLoves
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 6:54 PM
1 mom liked this
My dad- none. Haven't talked in more than 5 years (I lost track).
My mom- almost none. We've never been close and are in contact maybe once a month, if that.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)