Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Watch your language!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 423 Replies
1 mom liked this

So, I went to the beach today with my 14 yo dd, my friend, and her family (all teenagers and women). We were having a good time, soaking up the sun, enjoying ourselves, being a tad boisterous and using some questionable language. I work all week and it's nice for me to go incognito and let my other side out, the one that has a fun side so I can go back to work and be an adult.

Evidently it was too much for another family because this man comes over to us and asks us to "watch our language because his (teenage) children are within earshot." I told him this is a public beach. He said "I understand that but my children are within earshot. Can you please watch your language?" I repeated my answer that this is a public beach and he turned around and walked away. I turned to my friend, snorted, and said: "That'll be the day a man tells me what to fucking do."

After our interaction he continued to just sit there with his family and we continued on as usual, toned down a little for crybaby. This is a very large beach and I think he could have moved his family further down if he had a problem with us rather than sit there and continue to allow his family to be "assaulted by our language," which makes me think that he is just a control freak and tries to tell everyone what to do. 

Bash away? ;)

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 12, 2014 at 8:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jul. 12, 2014 at 8:03 PM
11 moms liked this
In VA Beach they'd give me a fucking ticket for fucking dropping the fucking F bomb.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 12, 2014 at 8:04 PM
If his kids were toddlers, would you have done any different?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 12, 2014 at 8:05 PM
6 moms liked this

Nope.

Quoting Anonymous: If his kids were toddlers, would you have done any different?

mlg1989
by ZombieMegg on Jul. 12, 2014 at 8:05 PM
2 moms liked this
They can't be sheltered forever...gotta learn to not talk like that if you don't agree with it.
Just hearing it won't make you curse like a sailor.
corticosteroid
by Ruby Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 8:05 PM

Wow.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 12, 2014 at 8:05 PM
1 mom liked this

No fucking way! Cocksuckers! Thanks for the heads up, I won't be going THERE any time soon ;)

Quoting Danesmommy1: In VA Beach they'd give me a fucking ticket for fucking dropping the fucking F bomb.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 12, 2014 at 8:06 PM
How were you incognito if you were there with friends and family?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 12, 2014 at 8:06 PM

Did I displease you?

Quoting corticosteroid:

Wow.

megan_0416
by Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 8:07 PM
3 moms liked this
While I wouldn't appreciate the language, I wouldn't have said anything. It's your right to curse away freely, he should have just moved
mlg1989
by ZombieMegg on Jul. 12, 2014 at 8:07 PM
They are trying or did pass a law here to not swear at Ocean City. You get fined. I'm wondering if that's enforced or not?

Quoting Danesmommy1: In VA Beach they'd give me a fucking ticket for fucking dropping the fucking F bomb.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN