Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How b****y should I be? **UPDATE**

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 62 Replies

Wwyd?? DH works a third shift. It's until 5am Mon through Thursday and midnight on Friday. He has co visits eowe Friday through Sunday. Since he works Friday, he told bm he can't take him til Saturday afternoon when he's awake enough to drive the hour round trip to get him. Bm is pissed. She has plans, etc, take him Friday or not at all blah blah blah. He said I can't. She then says we'll your wife will be there, she can watch him. Ummm no I can't. I have classes all day and a study group Friday night. I get daycare through college while I'm in class only and because he's not mine, he can't be in that daycare and my bff watches DD during my study group for free but cannot take another child (in home daycare regulations of how many kids per adult ). She insists either we come get him Friday or not at all because his son is more important than my classes and if he puts my school schedule above her son, she's calling the dean to accuse me of cheating and his boss accusing of stealing. How mean can I get before it's just too much???

So, for you ladies who have been following the insanity, DH and her were texting last night and he called her bluff. She kept saying the CO says from Friday til Sunday. Its been that way since 2013 but she was flexible and now she needs us to be and will use any means necessary. Kept saying I can drop out of school or drop a class to make this happen since she knows a job is more important than school.

So I asked DH to see the CO for the first time. Lo and behold, it doesn't say that at all!!!!! It only says he gets periods of physical placement eowe, with no day or time included! So according to the CO, him picking hm up on Saturday is perfectly acceptable because it is up to the parents, who both agreed to no set time or date, to decide. Here is the CO part I'm speaking of. He just went along with her craziness all this time to keep peace, not because its a part of it.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 12, 2014 at 11:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jul. 12, 2014 at 11:51 PM
2 moms liked this

Have DH take her to court and have the co-visits changed

mich2.0
by Ruby Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 11:51 PM
Do you have any of this in writing?
feralxat
by Gold Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 11:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous: Wwyd?? DH works a third shift. It's until 5am Mon through Thursday and midnight on Friday. He has co visits eowe Friday through Sunday. Since he works Friday, he told bm he can't take him til Saturday afternoon when he's awake enough to drive the hour round trip to get him. Bm is pissed. She has plans, etc, take him Friday or not at all blah blah blah. He said I can't. She then says we'll your wife will be there, she can watch him. Ummm no I can't. I have classes all day and a study group Friday night. I get daycare through college while I'm in class only and because he's not mine, he can't be in that daycare and my bff watches DD during my study group for free but cannot take another child (in home daycare regulations of how many kids per adult ). She insists either we come get him Friday or not at all because his son is more important than my classes and if he puts my school schedule above her son, she's calling the dean to accuse me of cheating and his boss accusing of stealing. How mean can I get before it's just too much???

Really? 
You two cannot figure out how to fit this child into your lives?  

What if he lived with you? 

R00k
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 11:53 PM
3 moms liked this
I don't really understand your question about the bitchiness. But as far as her calling bosses and deans and lying about people, that would be slander and not legal. Family court judge would not be happy about that especially since she is simply* pissed because she is not able to go out on Fri night, not actually upset about her SON at all.
thejodigirl
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 11:54 PM

She sounds like a bitch. Two bitches usually get nowhere. With that said you are the only one you have control over, so you nned to not be a bitch. Something has to give whether it's his one of your schedules or the visitation days. 

gtubemommy2012
by Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 11:55 PM
2 moms liked this

Call your dean, and his boss to notify them of the situation BEFORE it is a situation. Then try and get recordings or save the text messages of her threatening you guys, and therefore threatening the livelihood of HER OWN SON. Take this to court.

Then go by the court.

If he has legal visitation that day then her "plans" are not the most important thing...it's his visitation.  Him being awake enough is WAY more important than her need to get her drink on lol.

MichelleJ1000
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 11:55 PM
Don't stoop to her level. Seems like she's used to getting her way. That sucks for your husband and step child but if this is a last minute thing it's her bad.

If your hubby has had this work schedule in place for a while, she shouldn't complain.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 12, 2014 at 11:55 PM
He's not saying he doesn't want him, just needs to be picked up after he's awake enough to drive. I have my own life and schedule that's concrete every weekend whether he's here or not. Asking for a few hours of sleep to be a safe driver is responsible!!!

Quoting feralxat:

Quoting Anonymous: Wwyd?? DH works a third shift. It's until 5am Mon through Thursday and midnight on Friday. He has co visits eowe Friday through Sunday. Since he works Friday, he told bm he can't take him til Saturday afternoon when he's awake enough to drive the hour round trip to get him. Bm is pissed. She has plans, etc, take him Friday or not at all blah blah blah. He said I can't. She then says we'll your wife will be there, she can watch him. Ummm no I can't. I have classes all day and a study group Friday night. I get daycare through college while I'm in class only and because he's not mine, he can't be in that daycare and my bff watches DD during my study group for free but cannot take another child (in home daycare regulations of how many kids per adult ). She insists either we come get him Friday or not at all because his son is more important than my classes and if he puts my school schedule above her son, she's calling the dean to accuse me of cheating and his boss accusing of stealing. How mean can I get before it's just too much???

Really? You two cannot figure out how to fit this child into your lives?  What if he lived with you? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 12, 2014 at 11:57 PM
Yes, text messages on DH phone

Quoting mich2.0: Do you have any of this in writing?
mich2.0
by Ruby Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 11:59 PM
Take her to court with that evidence. Don't get involved in petty drama with her.

Quoting Anonymous: Yes, text messages on DH phone

Quoting mich2.0: Do you have any of this in writing?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)