Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

...so, I was that person at Walmart tonight

Posted by on Jul. 13, 2014 at 12:06 AM
  • 278 Replies
47 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

I was looking for some stuff for DDs room, and I found this really cute pink mirror that I knew she'd love to have for dress up. It was $5 and perfect, so I grinned and put it on the bottom of the cart without another thought.

Then I went throughout the store, taking my time and enjoying being out and about (we were sick this week), just happy as a clam, looking at books and toys with DS before heading over to get some groceries.

As we walked a lot of people were smiling and waving at us ( which to be honest, I didn't think too out of the ordinary- I've gotten used to it since we moved down south). So I just smiled and waved back, talking to DS as we're walking. Grabbed some foodstuff. Oblivious to...common sense.

I was eyeing some canned tomatoes, and a lady approached us. She gave me a concerned look and said "Ma'am, you might want to flip that mirror around."

And I didn't quite understand what she meant by that, so I looked down at the mirror, then back at her and tilted my head in confusion.

Then she leaned in and said "...everyone approaching you can see up your dress!"

And I just stand there for a second, blinking, as the realization that I just flashed the entire populace of the store washed over me.

My eyes get real big, and I think I squeaked out an "oh! Thank you!" And I quickly bent down, by then very beet red I'm sure, to flip it over as she walked away..

I seriously wish I could've done an adorable "oops!" With a pretty little hand to my face, and made my way quickly out the door, but I still had quite a few groceries to get. :( I'm neither the brightest crayon in the box, nor particularly good looking either. Sorry, fellow patrons of Walmart. I assure you I do feel the same gratefulness that at least I wasn't going commando...

EDIT: I just wanted to say thanks ladies, for making me feel better about it, and sharing some of your stories too! I'm glad I could give everyone a laugh about it ;)

I tried to like or respond to everyone who addressed me directly, aside from lol's or smiling/ laughing faces- which made me grin too ^_^ but because our internet is rea~lly super slow, and it takes anywhere from a minute to several to reload the page whenever I like or quote someone, I might've missed some of you. Sorry!

...Oh, and I think someone should start an embarassing story thread! *nudge nudge*
by on Jul. 13, 2014 at 12:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sem1234
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 12:07 AM
2 moms liked this
Lol
proudmommy690
by Ruby Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 12:11 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh man how embarrassing! :/
ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Jul. 13, 2014 at 12:11 AM
2 moms liked this

lol omg!!!!

MilkLover0203
by Platinum Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 12:12 AM
44 moms liked this
I'm laughing so hard. Not only because it is fucking hilarious, but because that kind of shit happens to me.
ZakkarysMom
by Gold Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 12:13 AM
O.M.G.
aheasley
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 12:14 AM
3 moms liked this

Everyone has embarrassing moments. people will forget about it soon enough.

anjones09
by Ash on Jul. 13, 2014 at 12:15 AM
Lol!
HIJKLM
by Ruby Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 12:16 AM
14 moms liked this
OMG how embarrassing! At least someone was nice enough to tell you... Eventually
KikiB85
by Silver Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 12:17 AM
Lol.
Allisonc7910
by Gold Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 12:19 AM
6 moms liked this
Lol. It probably wasn't noticed by as many people as u think but it's still funny you waved. I've waved at people oblivious over something embarrassing before. Kind of knocks the cool right out, lol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)