Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you use a name your nonpregnant sister and BFF loved?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 442 Replies
4 moms liked this

I'm having some difficulty coming up with a name I like, that sounds good with the last name Wallace. I came across the name, Lila, which isn't overly popular and liked it

I mentioned it to my sister and BFF, neither one arepregnant and don't have plans to get pregnant in the near future (at least if they do, I'm not aware of it), and they both said they love the name, they'd want to use it in the future, please don't name DD that!

I'm conflicted because I don't love the name, but it isn't that popular and it sounds decent with Wallace... I love several names, that I feel are too popular and/or they sound absolutely horrendous with Wallace.

Is Lila off the table?

Do you have any suggestions of names with the same feel as Lila, that aren't too popular, and sound okay with Wallace?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 13, 2014 at 10:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 10:17 AM
17 moms liked this
I don't get the "stollen" name issue.
If you like it, use it.
Every one of DHs siblings that has a boy has a boy named Fayez. There are quite a few other repeat names with cousins on his side.
It's really not a big deal!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Peace.Love.Pink
by on Jul. 13, 2014 at 10:17 AM
2 moms liked this

I sure would if I liked it.

momto2boys973
by Ruby Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 10:17 AM
1 mom liked this
Just name her that if you want, who cares what they say?
MommyAddie
by Platinum Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 10:18 AM
33 moms liked this
The baby being born takes precedence over future babies who aren't even planned for. Name your baby what you want.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jul. 13, 2014 at 10:19 AM
6 moms liked this
They could suck an egg. Even if I believed in name "stealing", you found it first.
Krysta784
by Dani on Jul. 13, 2014 at 10:20 AM
Use the name. They can't "claim" a name especially when they don't even have a baby to name. Smh....
misskriss10
by Ruby Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 10:21 AM
I would use it. No one owns a a name so it isn't off limits. If you like it then use it.
kristiansmommy1
by Amanda on Jul. 13, 2014 at 10:21 AM
4 moms liked this
As long as the didn't say something like when I have a girl I cant wait to name her Lila (before you mentioned it) its not 'stolen'

we had the name Grayson picked out as soon as I got pregnant and a month before we found out we were having a boy my cousin decided to name her son Grayson. I still used it
lovelife350
by Platinum Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 10:23 AM
5 moms liked this

have they mentioned they loved before you said the name or only after you told them what you liked? if they said it before i would pick something else but if not , go for it, a name isn't off the table and since you are popping out a baby first you get first choice. also if you don't love it , i would keep thinking up more names. 

Jukebox_Jenny
by Gold Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 10:24 AM
5 moms liked this
Use it. If it was different, like she loved that name for ages and told everyone when she had her first daughter it'd be Lila...then I likely wouldn't use it but YOU came up with the name for the child you are pregnant with. They can get over themselves.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN