Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Should I file a complaint?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
I had finally had my baby :)) my epi stopped working two hours before I had him. I told the nurse and she kept saying pressure is normal. I was feeling more than that! So un prepared and scared I gave birth natural and felt everything! I pushed fast with my first and I told the stupid nurse that she needed to call my doctor before I started pushing with my second and she refused thinking I would be pushing for awhile. Well during all the pain and after pushing twice she made me stop to call the doctor. She made me wait eight minutes through contractions, head crowning and extreme pain being able to not push. I couldn't stop pushing no matter how hard I tried and so she made me put my legs together which was excruciating pain. She may have ruined me on having more kids and I was so traumatized afterwards. I was screaming from not being able to push. She even told me to be more quiet at first. Could I file a complaint or is this what nurses usually do? Any similar situations like mine?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 13, 2014 at 11:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Ninjascreenname
by Gold Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 11:50 AM
2 moms liked this
Hell yes file a complaint
LokisMama
by Platinum Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 11:51 AM

Yes, file a complaint.  

Any OB nurse worth her degree knows that once your body starts pushing (Not you, but once your body takes over) there's no stopping it, that baby is GOING to be born one way or another. 

Was your LO alright afterward?

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 11:52 AM
I went from 4 cm to 10 cm in the bathroom and ds was almost born on the toilet

They told me not to push because they didnt have anything prepared for delivery

I never considered filing anything
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 13, 2014 at 11:56 AM

I delivered naturally 4 times and was never told to not push.  However, they were aware that I had no drugs in my system and knew that I couldn't control the pushing instinct since I wasn't numbed at all.  Your nurse assumed that you were still numbed and weren't pushing on instinct.  I'd file a complaint.

mandaday
by Silver Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 11:58 AM
Yes, file a complaint. Her job is to make you as comfortable as possible and help ensure you and your baby stayed safe. Instead she decided to ignore you telling her what you could feel and know about your body, causing you undue pain and potential risk.
Medic32
by RN=Rescue Ninja on Jul. 13, 2014 at 12:02 PM
I' would file a complaint. Ask to speak to the charge nurse or patient rep/ombudsman.
ajdahd13
by on Jul. 13, 2014 at 12:04 PM
Yes! File a complaint! Hospitals don't know there is an issue if you don't tell them.
twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 12:05 PM
There is no way in hell I'd have closed my legs! F her, that could have really hurt your baby!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN