Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I hate when my kids touch me

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 48 Replies
I have 3 kids. My oldest is 10. When she reached a certain age, I would hate when she would touch me or play footsies with me, or hang on me. Then when my middle turned about 4, I started feeling that way too. Like I hate when I feel their hands brush my leg or back or even cuddling. I give them kisses and say I love you all day but physically, I'm not a cuddler :(
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 13, 2014 at 12:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
1stpreggers
by on Jul. 13, 2014 at 12:03 PM
Yikes do you hug them ?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 13, 2014 at 12:04 PM
Yes. But any other type of affection I get very irritated

Quoting 1stpreggers: Yikes do you hug them ?
1stpreggers
by on Jul. 13, 2014 at 12:04 PM
Or do just avoid all physical contact except for a daily kiss ?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cocomicah
by time lord on Jul. 13, 2014 at 12:05 PM
I don't like anyone but my husband touching me, I hate hugging my family and friends lol they do it purposely too.. I totally love on my kid though. He is still a toddler. I don't think my affections will change towards him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 13, 2014 at 12:05 PM
I don't like being touched either, but for me it's because subconsciously I feel that physical touch is a gateway to sex. I was molested all through my childhood and it always starting with cuddling or touching.

I do cuddle by children though because I don't want them to suffer because of me. My boys are all huge cuddlers.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 13, 2014 at 12:06 PM
I feel that way sometimes. It makes me sad because I love my children very much and I always kiss them and give them hugs and ill sit with them on the couch. But I don't like it when they come up and hang on me and stuff.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 13, 2014 at 12:06 PM
Same here! I have to be in the mood to cuddle, but anything else kinda sets me off... more so lately. Not sure why, but even ds' continuous talking gets me now. He won't stop, doing a running commentary about what is going on
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 13, 2014 at 12:07 PM
This exactly

Quoting Anonymous: I feel that way sometimes. It makes me sad because I love my children very much and I always kiss them and give them hugs and ill sit with them on the couch. But I don't like it when they come up and hang on me and stuff.
CPatt0708
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 12:07 PM
Eh, I don't think there is anything wrong with that, as long as you still show them affection with hugs and telling them you love them. Some people aren't super touchy-feely and I think that's okay as long as they know you love them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 13, 2014 at 12:08 PM
1 mom liked this
This exactly too lol

Quoting Anonymous: Same here! I have to be in the mood to cuddle, but anything else kinda sets me off... more so lately. Not sure why, but even ds' continuous talking gets me now. He won't stop, doing a running commentary about what is going on
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)