Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Should I?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
Just found out I'm pregnant. This will be my 3rd child. I'm completely torn on what to do. If we have another baby, financially we will be screwed. A couple of years ago I was let go from my job, we lost our house and had to live with my mother for a while. We're finally getting back on our feet. Both of us work great jobs and we have our own place again. We'd have to start all over with baby gear because I didn't keep anything from my previous ones, I thought we were done! We had a plan to get our lives back together. Now it seems like if we go through with this we'll be stuck with our heads barely above water. I'm looking for opinions. No matter what you think I'm open to anything!
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 13, 2014 at 12:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 13, 2014 at 12:19 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 13, 2014 at 12:21 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 13, 2014 at 12:24 PM
1 mom liked this
I think you should have been cautious to avoid getting pregnant but now that you are you need to take what God gave you and make the best of it. Remember everything happens for reason and its not this babys fault you didnt take precautions to avoid it. Sorry if you dont like what i have to say but if your woman enough to lay down and play be woman enough to birth, raise and cherish that baby
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 13, 2014 at 12:26 PM
I'm willing to hear the good advice and the not so good advice. Nothing you said offends me!

Quoting Anonymous: I think you should have been cautious to avoid getting pregnant but now that you are you need to take what God gave you and make the best of it. Remember everything happens for reason and its not this babys fault you didnt take precautions to avoid it. Sorry if you dont like what i have to say but if your woman enough to lay down and play be woman enough to birth, raise and cherish that baby
caustinb
by Gold Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 12:28 PM
What are your main concerns? Childcare? Maternity leave? Write them down with possible solutions, one by one, and see where you are at.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 13, 2014 at 12:28 PM
If it were me, I'd abort. I refuse to have a 3rd child. Just weigh out all of your options. Good luck. :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 13, 2014 at 12:28 PM
My #3 was a surprise and a financial struggle. I cried when I found out I was pregnant and looked into all possibilities. I can't image my life without her! All the struggles are more than worth it.
Lilith23
by Platinum Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 12:29 PM
My best advice; sit your dh down and talk about all your options.
You can decide to keep the baby, opt for an abortion, adoption.
Good luck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 13, 2014 at 12:29 PM
How is that helpful? SHES ALREADY PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you have a TIME MACHINE you're offering up?

Quoting Anonymous: I think you should have been cautious to avoid getting pregnant but now that you are you need to take what God gave you and make the best of it. Remember everything happens for reason and its not this babys fault you didnt take precautions to avoid it. Sorry if you dont like what i have to say but if your woman enough to lay down and play be woman enough to birth, raise and cherish that baby
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 13, 2014 at 12:30 PM

I am also pregnant with baby no. 3. I was really nervous at first too but am slowly getting over it. I didn't save anything from my other two either because I just didn't see us having anymore. We suffered the same financial strain that you mentioned. We lost everything and had to move in with my MIL for awhile. We are now in our own place again and have recently gotten back on our feet. What I do is buy a little bit of stuff here and there. I have already bought some diapers and some little clothes items. You just do what you got to do. You will manage and I know we will too. Just plan a little each day so that but the time the baby gets here you will be set. Good luck to you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)