Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Which summer mom are you?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 40 Replies
Are you the one who religiously must give the kids a bath after swimming in the pool? (salt water or chlorine ones, specify if it makes a difference)
ETA: I guess I should specify private or public pools as well. We don't go to public pools, yuck.. Not after the experiment they did last summer..

OR

Are you the one who considers pool time basically bath time and it's unneeded? Like if they swimming every day and you used to give them a bath every night, do you then do it every other or every 2 days?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 13, 2014 at 3:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Peace.Love.Pink
by on Jul. 13, 2014 at 3:47 PM

Pool? Lol

Mommynwife26
by Gold Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 3:49 PM
I rinse them off because the chlorine makes their skin dry. And if I let my youngest who is blonde keep chlorine in her hair it turns green.
R00k
by on Jul. 13, 2014 at 3:49 PM
Hmm.. I definitely don't consider it bath time. Because ew. But I don't think it is mandatory to go wash everything off as soon as you get home, either. Bath time is still bath time, and it happens when it usually happens, regardless. Unless, of course, there is mud caked on the kid or something.
skittlefart
by on Jul. 13, 2014 at 3:50 PM

Sometimes it gets too late so I'll let it slide but I like to try and give them a bath every night if I can. 

photo summerbabies_zps1e9f58e9.jpg
butterflymama21
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 3:50 PM
I bath every-time they go outside to play, go to the park and the pool too.Because all those chemicals are in their hair and skin yuck!! Not to mention dead skin cells, hair, and yes even pee yuck.
Elyce225
by Ruby Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 3:51 PM

We hardly ever go in chlorine pools anymore. The club we belong to uses saline water. We all still take showers everynight regardless but especially if it were chlorine.

It's horrible and damages your hair.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lilith23
by Platinum Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 3:51 PM
Yoooooouuu! :o
well hello sugarmelon, you've been missed.

Anyways op; take a shower after a day spent at the beach/pool.
Basically, take a shower every night.
I'm that summer mom.

Quoting Peace.Love.Pink:

Pool? Lol

jessablessa
by on Jul. 13, 2014 at 3:51 PM
Bath after they pool when we get home. Pools are gross nasty places and we hardly ever go.
thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 3:51 PM

They need a bath especially after swimming. 

iamanon
by Silver Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 3:52 PM

Not considered bath time by me, they have another opinion on that though.  I don't make shower time an issue during the summer every day.  I do make them shower every other day or so depending on what else is going on in their day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)