Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Moral/Ethical dilemma. Scared and not sure what to do! *long*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 48 Replies
1 mom liked this
Bear with me, this might be a bit long.

The other night there was a high speed chase that ended with the criminal crashing into the ditch in front of my home. There were TONS of police cars, and they got out with guns drawn, all around a terrifying experience for our family. Well, they were finally able to subdue the man, and had him on the ground in handcuffs, and several of the officers started brutally beating him. They were kicking him and stomping his head while he was screaming and begging them to stop. At one point he said just kill me. By the time they were done he was unconscious and they just picked him up and threw him in the back of a police car, no medics, nothing. It made me sick to watch, but the police ordered us back into our house, and I was afraid to interfere. We did, however, get cell phone video of some of it (though it's not great quality). After the fact I had commented on a Facebook news post that I saw some things done that made me want to puke, and that I was shocked, and apparently police brutality happens everywhere. Well, we live in a small town, and what i posted got around and my aunt called my mother (my aunt has several friends on the police force) and said that one of them visited her house and told her to tell me to either keep my mouth shut or watch my back. She wouldn't say which officer told her that because she 'doesn't want to be in the middle of this', but she gave my mother enough hints for us to figure out that it was the chief of one of the local departments.

Since all of this happened I've discovered that he was wanted for questioning in the diapperance of his wife, and allegedly confessed to a friend that he killed her. He's also been in trouble with the law multiple times, and this isnt even the first high speed chase he's been involved in.

So here is my dilemma, on the one hand I feel like he got what he deserved. On the other hand I feel like his rights were violated, and when you violate the rights of one American, you essentially invalidate the rights of every American, and police officers shouldn't be above the law, and now on top of it I've been personally threatened by a police officer for doing nothing more than exercising my first amendment right. I've always had the utmost respect for those in law enforcement, but now I'm afraid of them! I fear that going public with this could put my family in danger, but I feel like if I don't then the abuse of power by these officers could escalate.

I'm angry, I'm terrified, and I'm highly confused. Advice?

Ps. Excuse the errors, my phone sucks.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 13, 2014 at 3:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 13, 2014 at 3:52 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 13, 2014 at 3:55 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 13, 2014 at 3:59 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 13, 2014 at 4:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Have you considered going to Internal Affairs? Or as high up as you can go...you need to do something to protect yourself.
SammysMomma
by Silver Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 4:01 PM
3 moms liked this

Police are not judges jury and executioners.  If they did it to that guy they will do it to you or me or anyone. It is not right for them to do that at all I'd report it to the news or send the video to someone to put it on the news. Send it to me with city and state it happened in ill post it. 

PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 4:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Call the Justice Department and report it.

http://www.justice.gov/crt/about/spl/documents/polmis.php

iamanon
by Silver Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 4:04 PM

Post the video.

SammysMomma
by Silver Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 4:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Also if us as the people don't start stepping up we will all be in danger. We have to stop it somehow. 

Send it to the big news people  Fox, Alex Jones, Micheal Savage, Glenn Beck , World news Daily. 

You could put it on YouTube first then forward the link to news people. That will give you some protection. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 13, 2014 at 4:06 PM
1 mom liked this
I would make damn sure I knew what I saw. If they were subduing him and he was violent its not always pretty.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 13, 2014 at 4:09 PM
7 moms liked this

Put it on youtube, post it on the news stations facebooks and also send it to department of justice. Officers who are corrupt need to be stopped. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)