Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My daughter using tampons behind my back...wwyd?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 108 Replies
My daughter is 16 and I just found out she's been using tampons behind my back, when she expressly knows she's not allowed to, with her dad and stepmom giving them to her.

My older daughter got TSS and almost died from a tampon left in way too long when she was 14. I've never wanted to risk it again, I just gave her pads when she got her period and told her she wasn't to use tampons. I found out because I was just emptying the bathroom garbage and it was in there. We had a huge fight and she just left to go to her dad's, but she told me it was her stepmom who taught her to use them and she felt like pads were disgusting.

I texted her stepmom and she just said "you're crazy. It's a tampon. No wonder she wants to live here". And stopped answering my messages. My husband won't answer his cell. I'm furious at them and angry at my daughter...it's not like I don't have a legitimate reason for not trusting tampons, it's. A health reason, and I feel so disrespected.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 13, 2014 at 4:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
autodidact
by Snarknado on Jul. 13, 2014 at 4:01 PM
15 moms liked this

get the fuck over yourself, that's what you need to do. 

HIJKLM
by Ruby Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 4:02 PM
8 moms liked this
I would explain how to properly use them and not punish her for your other daughters mistake.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 13, 2014 at 4:02 PM
Uhh... Is this real?
Shell89
by Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 4:02 PM

I'd let her use tampons. When I was a teen that's what I used most of the time. TSS is rare and as long as she changes it she'll be fine.

iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 4:02 PM
3 moms liked this
I'm sorry that happened to your older daughter, but I do think that it can be a lesson learned for her sister.

Pads get so nasty after awhile, I can certainly understand why she doesn't want to use them!
dancer
by Gold Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 4:03 PM

wow!!! really?

Quoting autodidact:

get the fuck over yourself, that's what you need to do. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 13, 2014 at 4:03 PM
4 moms liked this

It's not your body, not your period, and not your choice. I'm sorry that your oldest almost died from TSS but this isn't your call to make. You need to decide what is more important here, having a relationship with your daughter or fighting over something that will never go your way. She WILL be using tampons, you need to get over it.

mehaffiesub
by Lil' Frog on Jul. 13, 2014 at 4:03 PM
Hasn't this been done before?
DensHag
by Silver Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 4:04 PM
Just make sure she is changing them often. I don't personally wear them now but I did when I was 16
Krysta784
by Dani on Jul. 13, 2014 at 4:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Well at least you aren't one of those crazy nuts who thinks tampons will deflower your snowflake or something....
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)