Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

At a crossroad. Help.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies
I found out in April that DH was having an affair. He agreed to go to counseling a few weeks later. Its been a little over a month of counseling and this week he came to me saying it just wasn't working. I don't think he's given therapy enough time (especially considering he has his own issues).

But he Iinsists we're done. He says he's unhappy being with me and has tried making it work but is tired of trying. He doesn't enjoy spending time with me, and the other woman made him happy and he thinks of her often. Yet in the same breath he says he loves me, is still attracted to me, etc. Wtf?!

Since Friday I haven't discussed the relationship with him. I don't talk to him unless its about the kids, or small talk.

He's been in his office most of the day watching TV, talking to friends on Facebook, and ignoring the family more or less.

Ladies, help. I'm hurting so bad and all I want is my husband :(
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 13, 2014 at 4:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 13, 2014 at 4:12 PM
4 moms liked this
I know you're hurting, but I wouldn't want to stay with someone who cheated and says he want to leave
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 13, 2014 at 4:12 PM
Bump!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 13, 2014 at 4:13 PM
I understand that, but I'd like to make my family work.

He's a good man. This has never been an issue with us before, so I feel like because its not repetitive behavior, I'd like to be open to making it work.

Quoting Anonymous: I know you're hurting, but I wouldn't want to stay with someone who cheated and says he want to leave
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 13, 2014 at 4:15 PM
Bump!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 13, 2014 at 4:19 PM
Bump.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 13, 2014 at 4:20 PM
3 moms liked this
Whatever you do at that crossroad DO NOT bury a box with graveyard dirt, a black cat's bone, and a photo of yourself enclosed at the center of the crossroad. If you do end up doing this DO NOT kiss the person that shows up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 13, 2014 at 4:21 PM

I think you need to let him go and work on you. If he is saying he doesn't want to be with you, no matter how hard you try it wont be enough. Let him go see how life is without you but you should be moving on as well. I'm sorry your going through this. Many blessings to you and your family.

notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 4:22 PM
I hope you work, sounds like he's done
SlytherinQueen
by Avada Kedavra Girls on Jul. 13, 2014 at 4:23 PM
1 mom liked this

You need to realize you deserve better

corticosteroid
by Ruby Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 4:24 PM
2 moms liked this

These guys always say that shit until Other Woman starts farting in front of him and half his earnings go to child support.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)