Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What consequences?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 41 Replies
Here is the story:

My almost 6 year old son went to a bday party yesterday at a friend's house. He was playing in the friend's room while the others were in the other room. Today my son shows me his "new" ds game. I asks him where he got it. He first says, Nana. Well Nana is getting him one for his bday so I start to think he got it from her. I called her but no answer. Then he told me he found it on the ground, which I called bs on. He finally admitted that he took it from his friends room! Im so pissed! !! This week was going to be vacation bible school but I'm thinking he's going to miss that, as well as any other fun activities for the week, no ds or phone games and taking the game back to his friend and apologizing. Does that all sound good? Enough? Too much? Also I know he knew he did something wrong, he's very smart AND he lied about it so there is no question, he took it bc he wanted it.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 13, 2014 at 4:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MilkLover0203
by Platinum Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 4:23 PM
Raising you a little thieving Christian, huh?
luvnmyboi
by Gold Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 4:25 PM
This is helpful how?

Quoting MilkLover0203: Raising you a little thieving Christian, huh?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 13, 2014 at 4:25 PM
I better not be!!!! If so I guess ill make it as unpleasant aa possible:/

bbrown0603
by Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 4:25 PM
I'd bust his ass and embarrass him making him take it back and explain to him and his parents what he did and why.
AvantGardener
by Song Bird on Jul. 13, 2014 at 4:25 PM

I'm not sure. I have a 6 year old. I would make my daughter return it in person and apologize. I suppose if there was something special like you have coming up she would not be going. I wouldn't do more than that though. It's a first offense.

MilkLover0203
by Platinum Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 4:25 PM
Shhhh.

Quoting luvnmyboi: This is helpful how?

Hubris_Huntsman
by Platinum Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 4:26 PM
1 mom liked this
I think thats all good. I would actually donate/sell my son's ds too. He would definitely lose it.
SlytherinQueen
by Avada Kedavra Girls on Jul. 13, 2014 at 4:26 PM

It sounds fine to me

MilkLover0203
by Platinum Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 4:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Honestly though, he'd be back at that house apologizing to the parents, and his friend, he'd have no fun for the rest of the summer for LYING, and stealing, and he'd have him a nice long chore list. I'd be so seriously pissed.

Quoting Anonymous: I better not be!!!! If so I guess ill make it as unpleasant aa possible:/

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 13, 2014 at 4:28 PM
Is it too much to ground him for the week? (No fun things, no ds, no phone games) We do a lot of fun things and I don't want to reward bad behavior, but I also don't want to go overboard. I do that sometimes.

Quoting bbrown0603: I'd bust his ass and embarrass him making him take it back and explain to him and his parents what he did and why.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)