Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If your a sahm should dh help on the weekend

Posted by on Jul. 13, 2014 at 8:02 PM
  • 46 Replies
Okay. I'm a sahm and my dh doesn't work on the weekend. He doesn't help out work anything during the week. On Tuesday and Thursday he works a half a day and is home by 2 but still doesn't help out. I get so overwhelmed because I have a family of 8 and I do everything by myself the cooking, cleaning, taking care of the kids, the laundry everything.

My dh doesn't work on the weekends and he doesn't help me with anything. My whole entire family sat on their ass' while I clean. In just so sick and tired of being treated like a fucking maid.
by on Jul. 13, 2014 at 8:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Shadowed_Star
by Neko❤Wolf on Jul. 13, 2014 at 8:02 PM
Welcome to the SAHM Club.
svolkov
by Emerald Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 8:03 PM
Dh works 20 off 10. He does everythingto help on his days home.
PoisonEyeV
by ☆ No Ragrets ☆ on Jul. 13, 2014 at 8:03 PM
3 moms liked this

Everyone should have responsibilities. I think you should select an hour or two on a set day (during the weekend) for EVERYONE to pitch in and help with something so that everyone is up and moving. There is NO reason for anyone not to have responsibilities. Everyone lives there, everyone pitches in. That's what a family is.

Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 8:04 PM

wow that sucks!!! family of 8?! that must be stressful! good luck...try talking to him!

KylesWifey
by Gold Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 8:04 PM

When dh is home he spends his time with the kids! They play while I get done what needs to be done and then I join them. I think Thai is perfect, but this is what works for us.

aprilmercedes
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 8:04 PM

Make him get off of his ass. Work him! He should enjoy his children...SMDH!

my.sonshine
by Silver Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 8:05 PM
personally, i think its a partnership. dh and i both work ft jobs, but even when i was a sahm he helped bc he wanted to. he wanted to be involved. marriage is a partnership.
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Jul. 13, 2014 at 8:05 PM
Yeah mine helps. Sorry yours does not
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 13, 2014 at 8:05 PM

how old are the 6 kids?  why cant they pitch in?

I dont have chores for him to do on the weekend because I did them during the week.  We will some times have family projects but for the past 20 years we have pretty much divided the labor: he brings in the money, I take care of the house. But he works full time, no half days so Im certainly not going to ask him to work after he has worked.

mommyflaw
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 8:06 PM

Mine is the same way but he will keep kids busy sometime.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)