Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My niece is 260lbs

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 55 Replies

I have to go anon because her mother is on this site now and again.  She's only 12 years old.  Her parents don't see a problem with this and I'm not an overbearing or in your face person to say anything.  I feel bad for her because she's ruining her body at such a young age.   WWYD?  if anything??   

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 13, 2014 at 8:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 8:54 PM
Are you close by?

Could you get into a fun physical activity with her?

Tennis maybe?
happymommy1105
by Silver Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 8:54 PM
That's really over weight at a young age.

Does she have medical problems?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 13, 2014 at 8:54 PM
I have cousins like this. No one says anything. The parents are overweight too. Three out of four of their kids, all girls, are 200-300lbs by puberty.
rsmom2511
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 8:56 PM
Sadly, I don't think theres much you can do. My niece is overweight and it upsets me to see her like that but I wouldn't dare say anything to my sister because I don't want to hurt her and I don't think its my place. :(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 13, 2014 at 8:58 PM

I don't know what you can do. Most families that are really obese all eat the same way every day....such as fries, hot dogs and sodas many nights for dinner while watching tv. you can't really tell them what to do.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 13, 2014 at 8:58 PM

I like the idea of trying to get her involved in some physical activity.  Even if it isn't on a regular basis, maybe if she is exposed to it she may find out that she enjoys being active.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 13, 2014 at 8:59 PM
4 moms liked this

Yes I am. I take her to swim with me and the kids twice a week and am paying her this year to pick up my kids from school and walk them home. It's only about 8 blocks but that's something everyday.  

Quoting KristenFowles: Are you close by? Could you get into a fun physical activity with her? Tennis maybe?

Nichole0403
by Silver Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 9:01 PM

That's really sad.. First off I would make sure she doesn't have any medical issues.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 13, 2014 at 9:03 PM

You've described the family to a T.  I love the girl very much and it's driving me nuts!!  The 16 box pop tarts, cakes, breads, and  such everyday.  Now I'm not a food snob in anyway and think kids should enjoy sweets now and again but not everyday in place of meals.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't know what you can do. Most families that are really obese all eat the same way every day....such as fries, hot dogs and sodas many nights for dinner while watching tv. you can't really tell them what to do.

.Milfshake.
by SoNastySoRude on Jul. 13, 2014 at 9:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Well I've been in your shoes with my niece and I told her straight up that she's too young to be this fat, it was crass but it needed to be said all she ate was junk stayed in bed smelled like a sewer and no one gave enough of a fuck to help her. And before I got to that point I tried over and over and over again to show her a healthier eating habits but she love her twinkles too much now she's a good 300+ pounds and every day us her resting day

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)