Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

feel so bad for my neighbors

Posted by on Jul. 13, 2014 at 9:29 PM
  • 21 Replies

df, dss and i went to see my mom today.  we were all outside.  my neighbors were out.  my neighbor lives there with her husband, son and his son whose 4 and their dog.  well my neighbors OTHER son is visiting for the week and he has three huge dogs, a choc lab mix, st bernard and a rotti.  the choc lab mix isnt too fond of anyone really.  she warned us when we were over there to stay away cause he may snap.  well while we were outside we heard the most horrible scream ever and everyone was screaming.  the choc lab mix just grabbed the 4 year old and was shaking him like a rag doll. he needed 15 stitches on his leg.  after they got back from the hospital they drove him to a 24 hour vet clinic and put him down to sleep.  now i feel so bad for the 4 year old that has to be scary but i feel bad for the dog too.  i dont like to see anhyone get hurt. but if they know this dog isnt fond of anyone, why wasnt anyone (there were 5 adults there sitting around the table) while the 4 year old was running around the yard and close to the dog.  this whole thing could of been avoided if they watched their kid around the dogs.  it was a horrible site to see though. 

by on Jul. 13, 2014 at 9:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
l.a.m.b
by Gold Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 9:30 PM

BUMP!

l.a.m.b
by Gold Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 9:30 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 13, 2014 at 9:31 PM

People are lazy assholes!

l.a.m.b
by Gold Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 9:33 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

People are lazy assholes!

yep!  i mean you warn your neighbors dont go near the dog he may snap but you let a 4 year old run wild by him?  jeeeez. i feel horrible for the 4 year old and i feel horrible that the dog had to be put down but the parents are LAZY

mommytoeandb
by Platinum Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 9:36 PM
Sounds like neglect to me. :(
mysticatgal
by Silver Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 9:36 PM
The poor boy. I hope he will be ok realizing most dogs aren't dangerous. I feel bad about the dogs but you're correct in that the adults should've been watching or keeping them apart
Ultrakiwi
by Silver Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 9:38 PM
They should not have had a dog known for snapping around small children.
That poor kid.
l.a.m.b
by Gold Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 9:39 PM

Quoting mommytoeandb: Sounds like neglect to me. :(

it sure does.  this could of been avoided.  the dog was on a long leash tied to the back of the yard (the yard is huge, over an acre)  but they let the kid run around wild which i wouldnt mind doing if i was the parent but if there were 3 other dogs that dont know my kid and one that has the potential to snap i would make my kid play in the front of the yard where the dogs werent hanging out

l.a.m.b
by Gold Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 9:39 PM

he was on a leash tied to a tree in the back of the yard the yard is well over an acre.

Quoting Ultrakiwi: They should not have had a dog known for snapping around small children. That poor kid.

livingforthem83
by Gold Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 9:40 PM
My mom has a sensitive older dog that was hit in the head as a puppy. She doesn't do well with strangers and doesn't like kids grabbing her. We don't even let the kids walk by because we don't want an incident to happen.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)