Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Well, This Should be a interesting party...Meet the Family

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies

I have been dating this guy for about 7 months. I really like him and he is super sweet.

At first it was pretty casual but now it seems to have got more serious where he wants to introduce me to his family, basically him and his siblings decided to have a dinner for their mom's birthday next Sat, With just her kids and their So's. I agreed to go.

Well Here is where the problem lies, I just realized that his sister is a really good friend of mine and I know his mom very well. I have been Good  friends with his sister for about 17 years and in this time got to know his mom really well too. The reason I never knew him or saw him before was because he lived with his dad for most of his life and by the time I started hanging out with my friend he had already got married and moved to another city an hour away (he is now divorced). The family has a VERY common last name for our area and his first name is very common too, plus he "doesn't believe in Facebook"  so I never put 2 and 2 together. Plus he was never super close with his siblings who are both younger then him, so he never talked about them and I didn't really push (His sister and I are 9 years younger then him)

As for me, I didn't really talk to my friend about this relationship because, she is recently single and hurt from a bad relationship. So I didn't discuss who I was seeing with her. Just to spare her feeling and not feel like I was rubbing it in or something

The only reason I found out was because I called my friend about an hour ago to see what she was doing next weekend (I wanted to see if she wanted to hang out next Fri or Sun) and she mentioned that she was going to a dinner for her mom's on Sat with her brothers and their so's. Well we continue to talk and she says "Yeah, and my brother has this new girlfriend that we are supposed to meet, Ugh....I probably won't like her (My friend never likes anyone when she first meets them)." I asked her witch brother, since I thought they were both married.  She said "C", That he had gotten divorced about a year ago. I just about fell over. I told her to let me call her back and text "C" and asked if his sisters name was "J" he said yes Why? Well I told him and my phone rang, with him laughing......He asked if I had told her about us, I said no. He said "well, then lets just let it be a surprise on Sat...."  Um this should be very interesting....

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 13, 2014 at 9:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mysticatgal
by Silver Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 9:33 PM
Well hopefully you'll be off to a better start than most other girls unless she changes her mind and hates you now.
WillowTreesMom
by Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 9:35 PM
Good luck
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 13, 2014 at 9:35 PM
lol good luck
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 13, 2014 at 9:37 PM
Im in the same boat. But with my husbands two aunts and uncles and 14 of his cousin.

Im super nervous about it and not sure what to expect. My husband my father in law and my soon to be brother in law will be golfing and going to buffalo wild wings after. So it will just be my self and my daughter my nephew my sister in law and my other two sister in laws and my mother in law being there with me. Im the type of person who is extremelly shy when it comes to new people. I would only eat a lil bit or not eat at all.
angelofsaturn
by on Jul. 13, 2014 at 9:37 PM
Well at least you already know some of the family and they like you.
Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 13, 2014 at 9:40 PM

BUMP!

my.sonshine
by Silver Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 9:40 PM
i think it will be a pleasant surprise!
cdjd23
by Gold Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 9:42 PM
Hopefully since his family already knows you it will be a plus in your corner. I could see some potential hurt feelings though from the sister for not coming clean before the dinner.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 13, 2014 at 9:46 PM

That's what I am worried about, But "C" thinks it will be hilarious!!

Quoting cdjd23: Hopefully since his family already knows you it will be a plus in your corner. I could see some potential hurt feelings though from the sister for not coming clean before the dinner.

cdjd23
by Gold Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 9:48 PM
He's also not close to them so I can see why he would think it's funny.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's what I am worried about, But "C" thinks it will be hilarious!!

Quoting cdjd23: Hopefully since his family already knows you it will be a plus in your corner. I could see some potential hurt feelings though from the sister for not coming clean before the dinner.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)