Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I called the cops on my teen dd 2 times today update

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 148 Replies
It all started when we found an inappropriate text that she sent a boy on her phone. She waa using text now. So dh took her phone and we deleted everything except Facebook and I synced her Facebook to my phone. I told her that since we can't trust her she isn't allowed at her friends house again. She went nuts. Screaming, physically trying to fight with dh screaming she was going to kill herself . We were going to wake up to a dead daughter ect.. at this point I told dh call thw cops.
We called theu talked to her; she didn't meet the criteria to be baker acted. She wa calm and collected while the cops were here. They gave her a stern talking to and left.

After they left she started again saying she was going to kill herself and said she was going to run away and we told her leave this street we will report you as a runaway. She did. Dh called again. By time the cops got her she had came back. He talked to her again and at this point he is seeing how difficult she is. He gave me the number to the sheriffs youth ranch. I called them. I just got the call back for an assessment. I will get a call back tomorrow to see if she meets the criteria.

I hope so. This place is used to get children help before they get completely out of control. I am at my wits end. She will receive canceling there and family canceling. It will be short term facility. She will live there short term. It isn't a mental hospital it is for at risk teens. She has been hospitalized 2 times and it didn't help any. She already receives therapy as it is.
this place is to get them in control before it is to late.

It is getting bad with her. I have found messages where she was planning on sneaking out with a boy. Talking to oldet boys. I am at the point I want mental health treatment to deal with the stress. Her behavior is impacting our whole family and if we don't do something now it will only get worse. She is 14

Fyi, I know my Grammar is bad but bear with me. My nerves are shot

Update
the sheriff youth ranch they are calling the this one new beginnings called back. She will have a bed available Thursday. She will go Thursday. She'll be there 2 weeks. The first 3 days they will have her under 24 hour watch. If she is on good behavior they csn earn outings to do community work. It seems good program. I hope it works...
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 13, 2014 at 10:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
QuinnMae
by Silver Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 10:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I hope you find something for her that helps.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 13, 2014 at 10:07 PM
Damn sounds like she needs possible inpatient psychiatric care asap! I'd be careful with those troubled teen camps. There was one out here that some kids died at.

Also it doesn't matter to me since I read fluent typo but you may want to proofread your post unless you want a bunch of comments pointing out all your typos. Good way to get bumps though.
notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 10:09 PM
Hope you get her help she needs, we tried many things and none really worked. You can pm me if you need to talk I know exactly what you are going thru.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 13, 2014 at 10:10 PM
She has been hospitalized twice. They didn't do anything and they released her after 3 days.

Quoting Anonymous: Damn sounds like she needs possible inpatient psychiatric care asap! I'd be careful with those troubled teen camps. There was one out here that some kids died at.

Also it doesn't matter to me since I read fluent typo but you may want to proofread your post unless you want a bunch of comments pointing out all your typos. Good way to get bumps though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 13, 2014 at 10:11 PM
Doed it ever get better. I am lost.

Quoting notjstasocermom: Hope you get her help she needs, we tried many things and none really worked. You can pm me if you need to talk I know exactly what you are going thru.
raych415
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 10:11 PM
7 moms liked this
I hope she gets canceled well
notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 10:13 PM
It does for some kids.

Quoting Anonymous: Doed it ever get better. I am lost.

Quoting notjstasocermom: Hope you get her help she needs, we tried many things and none really worked. You can pm me if you need to talk I know exactly what you are going thru.
csxt99
by Jennifer on Jul. 13, 2014 at 10:14 PM

Good luck!

maureen813
by Gold Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 10:14 PM
I am a clinical therapist working with children and families, may I ask what her diagnosis is and if she is on medication. Has she participated in psychological testing? Does she have any history if trauma such as physical or sexual abuse, neglect or exposure to family violence?
skittlefart
by on Jul. 13, 2014 at 10:15 PM

holy crap...all that at 14...good luck :\ keep us updated! 

photo summerbabies_zps1e9f58e9.jpg
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN