Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

anyone else have to mommy up...

Posted by on Jul. 13, 2014 at 10:28 PM
  • 32 Replies
2 moms liked this
And fake like you are the total badass your kidlet thinks you are.....when in truth you are kinda freaked to your core and mostly hoping you can handle bidness before kiddo sees you pee your pants?
by on Jul. 13, 2014 at 10:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mich2.0
by on Jul. 13, 2014 at 10:29 PM
2 moms liked this
What? Is this a metaphor out are we literally talking about peeing your pants?
angelenia
by Gold Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 10:32 PM
I handled a mothra/cockroach/ total fucking noghtmare of an insenctoid Nature yesterday. Without killing said creature. ( caught/rehomed ....outside)
I was fucking skeeved the hell out....
My sweatpea thinks i am supermommy!
angelenia
by Gold Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 10:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Mild hyperbole, mama;)
I just mean uber scared, but faking courage for the sake of our kids;)

Quoting mich2.0: What? Is this a metaphor out are we literally talking about peeing your pants?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 13, 2014 at 10:38 PM
2 moms liked this
That's me in social situations. I go on autopilot and just ignore the freakout, but I really want to be at home, curled in a ball and shaking. I don't want to pass my neuroses on to my kids, so I just force myself to deal with it.
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Jul. 13, 2014 at 10:39 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm confused.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 13, 2014 at 10:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Basically this. Birthday parties at my house... so many people in my space. Even if its just family, its too many people.

I dont break down, but i do crack a cold one when everyone leaves and go to bed ewrly.

Quoting Anonymous: That's me in social situations. I go on autopilot and just ignore the freakout, but I really want to be at home, curled in a ball and shaking. I don't want to pass my neuroses on to my kids, so I just force myself to deal with it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 13, 2014 at 10:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Or when kiddo gets a major owie. Like the other night, ds2 (6yo) leaned too far off the bed and fell head first from the top bunk onto the floor, or the time dear bil whooshed our then 5mo old into the ceiling fan, or the myriad of broken bones, burns and road rashes that have landed us in the ER. All of the times i should have been freaking out, but played it cool.
okpondlady
by Platinum Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 10:54 PM
1 mom liked this

YOU ARE THE SUPERMOMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I woulda killed that motherfucker in about a second. 

Quoting angelenia: I handled a mothra/cockroach/ total fucking noghtmare of an insenctoid Nature yesterday. Without killing said creature. ( caught/rehomed ....outside) I was fucking skeeved the hell out.... My sweatpea thinks i am supermommy!

TANSTAAFL- There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

mich2.0
by on Jul. 13, 2014 at 11:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Well in that case, yes. Definitely. :-)

Quoting angelenia: Mild hyperbole, mama;)
I just mean uber scared, but faking courage for the sake of our kids;)

Quoting mich2.0: What? Is this a metaphor out are we literally talking about peeing your pants?
angelenia
by Gold Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 11:42 PM
Holy fuckballs,right???? You rock, mama!

Quoting Anonymous: Or when kiddo gets a major owie. Like the other night, ds2 (6yo) leaned too far off the bed and fell head first from the top bunk onto the floor, or the time dear bil whooshed our then 5mo old into the ceiling fan, or the myriad of broken bones, burns and road rashes that have landed us in the ER. All of the times i should have been freaking out, but played it cool.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN